VoiceGuide can store a log of what the caller did during the course of the call. The script activity logs contain information like:
- Date & time the call was made and when it completed.
- Caller ID details (name and number)
- All the numbers entered in the Play, Get Number Sequence and Say Number modules
- Filenames of all the recorded messages
- How many results were returned by the Database Query module
- Evaluate Expression module results
- Results of Run Program or Run Script modules
The logs are saved in 4 different formats:
|.vgl||VoiceGuide Log Format - saved as a string of Result Variables|
|.csv||Comma delimited format|
|.json||JSON document body format|
|.xml||XML document body format|
Script Logs can be turned off by specifying Scripts=OFF in VG.IN in section [Log]
Each script which is used during the call will have a log entry created in the script's corresponding log files. If the script is visited multiple times during a call then a new log entry will be made each time the script is used. This means that if a subscript is called multiple times during one call, it's call log will have multiple entries for the same call - with each entry having different 'start_time' and 'end_time' timestamps.
Create your own Call Log
Run Program or Run VBScript modules can be used to create custom Log files. Please refer to Help file's sections on those modules to see how these modules can be used to append information to a text file.
vgEngine, ktTel, ktTTs Logs
VoiceGuide system internal application logs are saved in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.
System logs can be turned off by specifying:
in VG.IN in section [Log]