VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Inquiries On Ivr Project

Hello Team,

I am new to voiceguide and would like to know if I can use it for the IVR app I am designing. Which involves detecting changes in our clients information and calling them to inform them of this changes, by reading out the previous and changed info on the database. I have downloaded the evaluation version, but cannot determine if it will do what I intend. I need answers to the following questions.

- Can it make calls and deliver information that changes on a data base?

- If it can, do I need a licensed version to test it?

- Do I need the licensed version to test all modules including TTS.

- How many lines can handle outbound calls of up to 12,000.00 calls per day for 45sec each?

- How many calls can 1 line make at a time?

- The cost of license per line, is it for a period?

- Can it detect changes in information on a database and immediately put a call across to the client and read out changes?

- Between Dialogic cards and Voip, which is best to use in achieving this?

I need hints on how I can achieve this.

Thanks.

Martin.

- Can it make calls and deliver information that changes on a data base?

Yes.

To load an outbound call you would need to load a call into VoiceGuide's outgoing calls table upon this data change. So you may need to set up a trigger or similar in your database and have the SQL/Script executed by trigger to load new call.

See:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/diallistinto.htm

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm'>http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm

- If it can, do I need a licensed version to test it?

No. Evaluation version will be fine for testing.

- Do I need the licensed version to test all modules including TTS.

No. Evaluation version will be fine for testing.

- How many lines can handle outbound calls of up to 12,000.00 calls per day for 45sec each?

60 calls per hour = 4800 calls per 8 hour period

Hence a 4 line system will be able to dial out the 12000 calls per 8 hour day.

Now, would the the 12000 changes be evenly spread over the 8 hour day? If not then you may want to get more lines to make sure that the users are promptly informed of the changes.

What is the maximum number of changes made in a n hour period, and how long a delay between change and customer being dialed is acceptable?

For professional outbound call systems we recommend that either ISDN or good quality VoIP is used.

An ISDN trunk can handle 23 simultaneous calls. Systems that make 10,000+ calls per day usually use ISDN trunks.

- How many calls can 1 line make at a time?

1 call.

- The cost of license per line, is it for a period?

It is a one time purchase. No further costs after that.

- Can it detect changes in information on a database and immediately put a call across to the client and read out changes?

See first answer, and read http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm

- Between Dialogic cards and Voip, which is best to use in achieving this?

Dialogic ISDN card. Otherwise get a good quality VoIP link (or co-locate at data center where VoIP provider has presence).

Thank you Support Team for the quick response, you are the best,

Please I have been going through the help files, but cannot successfully run the script to see how it will work in real life situations, please how do I do this. I even wanted to run the scripts that came with the evaluation version, to see the outcome but cannot figure how to do that, I am just stuck in the script GUI interface, clicking one module after another.

Is there no way to run the script and see how it works?

How do I install the scripts on a server to start using the IVR developed?

Do I still have to make payments to telcos for calling lines?

Any recurring cost apart from cost of lines and dialogic ISDN cards?

The IVR dialer should have a phone number, right? I cannot find anywhere in help file where this is mentioned or how it is done.

Can the caller ID of the IVR application be modified to show text on the receivers phone, like company name or individual names?

For inbound calls, how is the phone number of the IVR set? (that is the number the client will call and the IVR systems responds).

Please can I get a step by step tutorial on how to develop and deploy a simple IVR? (that is see how it works, at least for demo purposes) Maybe that will put me on a good start.

I must mention that VoiceGuide is simple and user friendly, and has features that is very interesting, compared to all other IVR kits I have evaluated, this is the best so far for me.

Thank You.

Martin.

Is there no way to run the script and see how it works?

You will need a Dialogic card or Dialogic HMP VoIP drivers to run VoiceGuide.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm

How do I install the scripts on a server to start using the IVR developed?

Install Dialogic card (or HMP), then install VoiceGuide, then copy over your scripts and sound file and edit VocieGuide's Config.xml file. That is all that is needed.

Do I still have to make payments to telcos for calling lines?

You pay for telco charges just like with any other telephone system.

Any recurring cost apart from cost of lines and dialogic ISDN cards?

No.

The IVR dialer should have a phone number, right? I cannot find anywhere in help file where this is mentioned or how it is done.

Its the phone number of the telephone lines/trunks plugged into the Dialogic card.

Can the caller ID of the IVR application be modified to show text on the receivers phone, like company name or individual names?

Yes. You will need to use ISDN trunks for this, or use a VoIP provider that allows this.

For inbound calls, how is the phone number of the IVR set? (that is the number the client will call and the IVR systems responds).

Its the phone number of the telephone lines/trunks plugged into the Dialogic card.

Please can I get a step by step tutorial on how to develop and deploy a simple IVR? (that is see how it works, at least for demo purposes)

Install a Dialogic card, then install the VoiceGuide software, then plug the telephone lines in. Then call in and you will hear the sample VoiceGuide script (credit card payment script).

Thanks Team am getting there.

I am looking at how to make very cheap outbound calls with the IVR. The telco charges may be too high for the level of service I want to achieve.

- Is there a way to connect using internet calls? like skype, google talk etc, and what are the requirements for best voice output.

- I am really interested in using Dialogic anyways, so any suggestions on how to make efficient cheap calls is welcomed.

Thank You.

Martin.

- Is there a way to connect using internet calls? like skype, google talk etc, and what are the requirements for best voice output.

We do not recommend trying such free services. Most likely you will not get good connections when multiple calls are made at same time.

Probably best to speak to Telcos and VoIP providers that have points of presence in your area regarding call charges etc.

We do not recommend doing multi-line VoIP unless you have good knowledge of VoIP protocols and have deployed VoIP systems in past.

If I the system is designed to send SMS in-case the caller does not answer or is not available, can the SMS be sent with a caller ID?

Thank you.

Martin.

If I the system is designed to send SMS in-case the caller does not answer or is not available, can the SMS be sent with a caller ID?

Yes. This can be done. The usual approach is to have the system send an email to the Emial->SMS gateway (Google 'Email to SMS' to find providers in your area).

Another approach is to have a device capabel of sending SMSs connected directly to the computer and send the SMSs directly through that device.

You use the CallerID or any other information in the SMS.

Hello Team,

We are ready to buy voiceguide, but we are confused on what hardware to buy.

- What is the best hardware to buy to make at least 20,000 calls per day?

- what is the best system requirement to run voiceguide?

- Does voiceguide come with a complete step by step tutorial?

- Is difference between voip and analog/digital lines, just call pick up detection?

Thank You.

- Martin

- What is the best hardware to buy to make at least 20,000 calls per day?

Best investment you would make would be to select the right trunks for this system.

For outbound system you should use T1/E1 ISDN trunks, or VoIP is you have a good connection to your VoIP provider (usually means co-locating in data center), but you really should have good technical knowledge of VoIP is you want to use VoIP.

- what is the best system requirement to run voiceguide?

Intel based server running Win7 or Win2008. Xeon based system is nice but not necessary. No special memory/speed requirements.

- Does voiceguide come with a complete step by step tutorial?

There is extensive Help, and VoiceGuide is pretty easy to set up and use. Sounds like you have not installed and tried the software yet.

eg. see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/scriptintro.htm

- Is difference between voip and analog/digital lines, just call pick up detection?

Analog cannot detect pickup. ISDN and VoIP inform you of pickup, but VoIP usually is much worse at detecting whether call is answered by answering machine or live person.

Thank you team

I am going through the help file. But if we have a tutorial that just shows how to configure and deploy a simple IVR application it will make it easier to understand for IVR newbies like me.

Can voiceguide be configured to terminate calls or forward message after a particular number of rings, so that if voip is used it can eliminate the osibilty of calls going into voicemail?

-Martin.

Have you installed the software? Upon installation VoiceGuide is immediately ready to answer incoming calls, and the default "Credit Card Payment" script is ran.

If an incoming call is detected then VoiceGuide can just answer it, no need to terminate it or transfer it.