VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need A Simple Outbound Voice Broadcast Script

hello

We need a simple outbound voice broadcast script. that will dial from a list of numbers, play an intruduction message, and after that intruduction, allow leaving a voicemail message by pressing 1 or 2 for mailbox 1 and mailbox 2.

i preferably like to save logs of calls that where answered and calls that were no answered and answering mechine.

if you can provide me with this

please contact me

thanks

That script would consist of a single module. Have a look at the script attached.

i preferably like to save logs of calls that where answered and calls that were no answered and answering mechine.

These logs are created automatically by VoiceGuide in the VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

You would need to use a Dialogic card and version 7 of VoiceGuide.

PlayAndAwaitResponse.vgs

That script would consist of a single module. Have a look at the script attached.

These logs are created automatically by VoiceGuide in the VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

You would need to use a Dialogic card and version 7 of VoiceGuide.

the question is how to load it into voiceguide and get it to execute calling outbound. when i load the file and load a list of numbers from a file nothing happens. if possible please give me instructions. also, how do ad voice mail boxes and how to tell the script to expect a response of leaving a message in a voice mailbox?

thanks

how to load it into voiceguide and get it to execute calling outbound.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm

ow to tell the script to expect a response of leaving a message in a voice mailbox?

Have you opened the previously attached script in the VoiceGuide Script Designer app?

Have a look in the 'Paths' tab on the module's properties. They are the ones that define to which voicemail boxed the script will branch to depending on which DTMF tones are pressed.

ow to tell the script to expect a response of leaving a message in a voice mailbox?

Have you opened the previously attached script in the VoiceGuide Script Designer app?

Have a look in the 'Paths' tab on the module's properties. They are the ones that define to which voicemail boxed the script will branch to depending on which DTMF tones are pressed.

Hi

thanks for the reply.

the voiceguide has been sitting on my system for a while and i never acctually got it to work with the dialogic card till this week. but the trial has expired. is there any way you can give me another trial period to test the software?

The evaluation never expires. The evaluation version of VoiceGuide just needs to be restarted after an hour of use. After restart you can use it for another hour. This can be repeated as many times as required.

The evaluation never expires. The evaluation version of VoiceGuide just needs to be restarted after an hour of use. After restart you can use it for another hour. This can be repeated as many times as required.

so how do i restart it? do i have to shut down VG complely? or what?

there are 3 problems with the script you sent me.

1 it does not end the call if the recipiant hangs up.

2. sometimes there is a screechy fax like sound when i select a non VG wave file to play.

3.there is about a 10 second delay from when the call is answered until the message starts playing.

how can i fix these problems?

It looks like you must be using an Analog Dialogic card.

On analog cards you need to set a Disconnect tone to let the Dialogic card know how to detect a disconnect tone. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

If the Disconnect tone is not set properly then the Dialogic card will not report it and VoiceGuide will hangup after timing out awaiting for input/response.

2. sometimes there is a screechy fax like sound when i select a non VG wave file to play.

You are most likely using a sound file which is in incorrect format. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

3.there is about a 10 second delay from when the call is answered until the message starts playing.

Pleas see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tcallanswer.htm :

If recipient of call does not say anything after answering the call (or there is just silence on the line) then the Dialogic card will deduce that the call has been answered only when it realizes that the 'ringback' signal has gone away.

Are you using v7 of VoiceGuide?

It looks like you must be using an Analog Dialogic card.

On analog cards you need to set a Disconnect tone to let the Dialogic card know how to detect a disconnect tone. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

If the Disconnect tone is not set properly then the Dialogic card will not report it and VoiceGuide will hangup after timing out awaiting for input/response.

You are most likely using a sound file which is in incorrect format. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

Pleas see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tcallanswer.htm :

If recipient of call does not say anything after answering the call (or there is just silence on the line) then the Dialogic card will deduce that the call has been answered only when it realizes that the 'ringback' signal has gone away.

Are you using v7 of VoiceGuide?

this is not an analog card. it is a dialogic d/300sc e1 card. there is nothing in the script you sent me that instructs to hang up of the caller hangs up and after a timout. regarding the 10 second delay. it also happens when the user says hello.

what should i do?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

samet100: There is a 10 outbound call limit in th eval versions of VG, which can cause problems if you are doing a lot of testing. VG Support should confirm this. It should be okay to restart VG frequently while testing.

how do i limit the number of lines vg 6 or 7 should use on the dialogic E1 card so it will meet the 10 outbound call limit and not couase problems?

samet100: There is a 10 outbound call limit in th eval versions of VG, which can cause problems if you are doing a lot of testing. VG Support should confirm this. It should be okay to restart VG frequently while testing.

how do i limit the number of lines vg 6 or 7 should use on the dialogic E1 card so it will meet the 10 outbound call trial version limit and not cuase problems?

Your original question relates to the fact that the caller answering the call hears 10 seconds of silence, even after saying hello. Is this still the issue that you are trying to resolve?

If yes then please provide the traces from the system as described before and we can then advise what the traces show the card/system is doing and advise what next action to take.

Your original question relates to the fact that the caller answering the call hears 10 seconds of silence, even after saying hello. Is this still the issue that you are trying to resolve?

If yes then please provide the traces from the system as described before and we can then advise what the traces show the card/system is doing and advise what next action to take.

here are the log files

0101vgm.zip

Log files show that the trace level was not set as per the prevously provided instructions.

Here is the link to the post made a few days ago in which the instructions were provided. You can see this post a few posts higher up in this thread.