VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dial Out Marketing

How to create script witch looking in DB for records to dial out?

I need to scan DB for records queried with parameters for example:

SELECT *

FROM dialout_source

WHERE (now() BETWEEN dial_start AND dial_end)

AND status='PENDING'

I use one main script for all 30 channels and want to include (connect) dialout script into main script to share all main script channels with dialout channels, for example using only 26-30 channels in PRI ISDN trunk.

3. DB scanning (quering) with period parameter (scanning each 1 minute or 5 seconds)

I need to scan DB for records queried with parameters for example:

Do you want to issue queries to the same database that VoiceGuide uses to hold the records of outgoing calls?

The table structure is shown in Db_Create files in VoiceGuide's \System\setup\ subdirectory.

The actual SQL query would depend on the database engine used.

I use one main script for all 30 channels and want to include (connect) dialout script into main script to share all main script channels with dialout channels, for example using only 26-30 channels in PRI ISDN trunk.

all channels can accept inbound calls or make outbound calls, unless the outbound option is disabled in the Config.xml

DB scanning (quering) with period parameter (scanning each 1 minute or 5 seconds)

Any such periodic queries would need to be issued from your own program/script.

I need to scan other DB looking for a task to dial.

I attach example of script but I don't know how to initialize script to action (scanning DB) and what happen when call will be finished (hanged up).

I started script in one of active channels and no seen activity (waiting for call).

dial.zip

A VoiceGuide script is only started when a call is received or an outgoing call is made.

If you want to periodically scan another database then you would need to write a program/service to do that.

This section outlines how to load new outbound calls into VoiceGuide: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/diallistinto.htm

You may want to look at one of these approaches:

- Using VoiceGuide COM/WCF/REST interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

- Saving list of numbers to be called in an 'Out Dial' file, which VoiceGuide reads in automatically.

- Adding dial entries directly to the OutDialQue database.

Can You suggest how should work program (or VBS) witch initializing periodically other VG element as default as I show in attached script.

I think, when I checked "Start the script without answering the call" so script start dial_out_query module and executing task.

When the "Start the script without answering the call" option is selected the script stats only when an incoming call arrives, but the call is not automatically answered.

The incoming call is answered at some time later

The "Start the script without answering the call" option is not intended to have a script running in absence of incoming call.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/call%20start.htm :

It is sometimes desirable to carry out some processing before the call is answered. Quite often the purpose of this processing is to determine whether the call should be answered or not at all.

A VoiceGuide script can be configured to start running without answering the telephone line. This allows VoiceGuide to conduct any Caller ID based database lookups or calls to users programs, VB Script calls etc. in order to determine how the call should be treated.

To select this option use the "Script Properties" menu entry from the "Edit" menu in the Graphical Design Environment, then check the "Start the script without answering call" box.