VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New To Voiceguide

Dear Forum,

I am new to Voiceguide and i have been able to read through and understood the functionality to a level and would like to proceed from here to a higher level.

I have downloaded the demo from the VG website and installed the HMP License and dialed the IVR Server from another machine with a Softphone installed on another computer and was able to go through the Credit Card Payment option in the downloaded demo.

I would like to move beyond this point and would like to do the following :

1. I would like to call from the Softphone on another PC and here a recorded message of my choice,giving options of what to do....

- 1 for Balance

- 2 for Contribution Balance

- 3 for Monthly Contributions

- 4 for Last five (5) Contributions

- 5 for Passcode Change

2. Ask the caller for user PIN and password(give 3 trials and then lock the account)

3. If the caller gives a wrong user name and password;it should send an email to the user's profile email address or send an sms for the right format

4. Once the caller chooses an option,a background message should start(advertising the company products and services)

5. integrate with a functional CRM,Sybase and MySQL database

Kindly assist in getting this done.

rgds,

1. I would like to call from the Softphone on another PC and here a recorded message of my choice,giving options of what to do....

- 1 for Balanc- 2 for Contribution Balance

- 3 for Monthly Contributions

- 4 for Last five (5) Contributions

- 5 for Passcode Change

If you require a professionally recorded prompts that speaks out these options then you need to arrange this with a 'voice talent', or see some of he links listed on this page: http://www.voiceguide.com/servCallflowDesign.htm

Many users record their own prompts in-house.

2. Ask the caller for user PIN and password(give 3 trials and then lock the account)

Will the PIN/Password be known in the script before the script asks caller to enter them? Is it retrieved from the database? Or will the PIN/Password be sent off to some other service/application for verification?

A simple retry counter can be implemented using Evaluate Expression module. See Example 10 of this page: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modevalexpr.htm

3. If the caller gives a wrong user name and password;it should send an email to the user's profile email address or send an sms for the right format

To achieve the sending of an email please use this module: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modsendemail.htm

To send SMS its usually best to use and Email->SMS service - in which case you would again use a 'Send Email' module.

4. Once the caller chooses an option,a background message should start(advertising the company products and services)

This is supported in all modules that take some time to execute (database query etc), but most time retrieval of data from database takes less then 1 second anyway.

5. integrate with a functional CRM,Sybase and MySQL database

VoiceGuide can retrieve data from any database, using ODBC (every database has an ODBC drivers) or ADO.NET (just about every database has an ADO.NET provider), or some of the older technologies as well. MySQL is a common database choice.

thanks support!

How do i get to do this done?

I want to be able to record the messages and script the IVR software to do all that is required.

To record the sound files yourself you can use a microphone attached to your PC and some recording software. Professional recordings will sound much better though.

Thanks!

I have recorded my choice of sound and i tried to edit the Credit Card payment option but it doesnt reflect.

Kindly find attached a copy of the credit card payment script in the demo that was edited by me.I recorded a sample audio file and created a script to play before getting the ClientID,but it wouldnt play once i dial from another softphone on another computer.

Credit Card Payment.vgs

sampleplodny.wav

The sound file is recorded at 44kHz. Only sound files up to 16kHz are supported.

It's recommended that 8kHz ULaw sound files are used. (that's the format used by simplest SIP connections)

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

Can you please post a trace of VoiceGudie's vgEngine and ktTel traces capturing the call.

Please .ZIP up the traces before posting.

I looks like the scipt is set to use "Get Client ID" as the starting module.

You should change the starting module to be the "Welcome Message" module.

This can be set by using the Edit->Script Properties menu, or by right clicking on the Properties button of the "Welcome Message" module and selecting the Make Start Module menu option.

Dear Support,

Thanks for your response!

I have been able to make it work and learning other functionality.

I have created a sample script by editing the Credit card Payment script.

I have challenges with linking databases(Excel Query) and verifying input from the caller(Evaluation Expression).

I have attached a sample database and the script.

kindly assist to make it work well

Credit Card Payment2.vgs

sampledata.zip

If you want to search through to confirm existence of a customer number then you should use a Database (not an Excel spreadsheet) to store the client details.

For simple smaler setups or for testing an MS Access based databse is fine.