VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

V5 To V7 Outdial Question

Would you help me understand what changes I need to do for my old script. While back had written script using voiceguide version 5 with a way2call hi-phone desktop. When I bought the software went to version 7 using dialogic card. In my old script (v5) i would directly write into the callque table in the outdialque.mdb database using the database query function. Now that I have purchased version 7 kinda confused on how this is performed. Is there no outdialque.mdb file any longer? Is there an easy way to take my sql statement from the database query function in my script and convert it to whatever is needed in v7. Thanks for any help.

Easiest way to load an outgoing call into the queue is by using the "Send Phone Message" module.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddeliverphonemessage.htm

If you need to specify more options then what is provided for by the "Send Phone Message" module then the calls can be loaded using the XML file method.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/diallistinto.htm

Hate to keep asking questions, but just trying to use what I have without making a lot of changes to my old script. Can I use my existing microsoft access database as the database for the Dialer's OutDialQue database. I have an existing database named Test on the root drive of c:\. My scripts can pull customer data out of it fine but I was trying to use it for the Outdial database as well but can't get it to work. Made change to my config.xml file as shown below.

<Dialer>

<OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0</OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>

<OutDialQue_Database>C:\test.mdb</OutDialQue_Database>

<OutDialQue_ConnectString>Data Source='C:\test.mdb';Open Mode=NonexclusiveReadWrite</OutDialQue_ConnectString>

<OutDialQue_SqlPrefix></OutDialQue_SqlPrefix>

<OutDialQue_SqlSuffix>ORDER BY Priority ASC</OutDialQue_SqlSuffix>

</Dialer>

See this error in the vgdiallistload log file

ERROR 7.0.3698.20405 Db_Open GetFactory : Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName)

Any help would be appreciated. Again, have no issues using the database query module in my script. It works fine. Just want this same database to be used for the outdialer.

Thanks

Can I use my existing microsoft access database as the database for the Dialer's OutDialQue database.

No. The database structure has changed from v5.

The database table creation scripts in VG's \System\setup\ subdirectory show what the new table structure is.

You can use MS Access as the database engine if you wish. The Config.xml file should be more like this:

<Dialer>

<OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>System.Data.OleDb</OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>

<OutDialQue_Database>C:\test.mdb</OutDialQue_Database>

<OutDialQue_ConnectString>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source='C:\test.mdb';Open Mode=NonexclusiveReadWrite</OutDialQue_ConnectString>

<OutDialQue_SqlPrefix></OutDialQue_SqlPrefix>

<OutDialQue_SqlSuffix></OutDialQue_SqlSuffix>

</Dialer>