VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Dropped During Vm

Several calls are being cut off while a caller is leaving a voicemail message.

I have attached the log.

Call start 140718.228

Dissconnect 140940.240

Can you determine why the call was dropped?

Thank You.

0428_0823_vgEngine.zip

Trace shows call was ended as Dialogic card reported that the DISCONNECT_USER_1 tone was heard on the line.

140946.240 18 1 1 ev Dialogic 134,TDX_CST, crn=10000024, 1000,0,0,DE_TONEON,DISCONNECT_USER_1,

Please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm

You should edit the ConfigLine.xml to change the DISCONNECT_USER_1 definition to make it less likely that is be falsely detected.

We are still having a problem with callers being cut off while leaving a message.

I was monitoring this call in progress. VG hung up the line while the caller was leaving a message, and then attempted to forward the message while the caller was still on the line. This gave the caller full access to the voicemail box.

I have attached the log. it looks like it was cut off due to silent detect, but the caller was still talking.

Hangup Problem062810.zip

If you think that silence detection should not have triggered then you can change the silence level and length settings in VG.INI.

Can you .ZIP up and post the C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\VmSave\13_0628120749_1_1_3158950882_.wav file? This will let us see what is the record level of the left message.

On analog systems calls forwarding messages will be made on a different line - avoiding the problem that you describe.

in your case it look like you are specifying that only the same line be used to make outbound calls - and if the original caller says on the line and does not hang up then you will have this problem.

This problems would not exist if you had more then one line on yous system of if you used a digital T1/E1 ISDN system.

To resolve the issue on your system you'd need to have the message delivery scripts ask the call recipient to enter the voicemail box number and PIN number for the Voicemail box. This would be done by changing the message delivery script to have it jump to the module that asks for vmb/PIN, and not to the module that just plays the newest message right away.

ie. in script vmMsgDeliver.vgs in module VmDelivStart change line:

VG.Script_Goto iLineId, "VmLogin.vgs", "VmRmPlayMsg", sNewRv

to be:

VG.Script_Goto iLineId, "VmLogin.vgs", "VmLoginAskVmb", sNewRv

OK, I now have Config set to allow outbound calls on both lines. We still have a problem. VG attemps to forward a call even if someone is using that line. Shoudn't VG detect a dial tone before attempting to dial out?

VoiceGuide would not attempt to make on outbound call on the line on which a script is current running. A script has to complete and the line has to have been 'on-hook' for at least 2 seconds before VoiceGuide would attempt an outbound call on that line.

On analog lines if the previous caller does not hang up then on many switches they would then hear the outbound call being made. This is how analog systems work on many Telco's Switches. But normally people would hang up after finishing their call, so normally this is not encountered.

You can add a letter L at the beginning of the number to be dialed. This will tell the Dialogic card to wait for the 'Local Dial Tone' before proceeding with dialing the rest of the number.

L - wait for local dial tone.

I - wait for international dial tone.

X - wait for special/extra dial tone.

The actual frequencies/cadences the Dailogic card is to listen for can be defined in the ConfigLine.xml file.

Please .ZIP up and post the VoiceGuide traces which show system startup and the outgoing call.

Trace shows an incoming call on port 1 of system, during which a voicemail message is left, and then the outbound call was made on port 2.

If the inclusion of the "L" in the dial tone string does not result in the system waiting for dialing tone then probably the best solution would be to ensure that Telco/PBX does not send any incoming calls on line attached to port 2, and that line is used exclusively for outgoing message delivery calls.

084858.957 6 3 2 state Dialing (auto) L2811238

That is not possible. That line needs to receive incoming calls.

VG needs to check for a dial tone. why isn't it and what do we need to do to occomplish this?

The waiting for Dial tone is something that is performed by Dialogic card, not VoiceGuide.

You can check if the Dial tone played by your Telco/PBX is standard dial tone or not by recording it and analyzing the frequencies/cadence and comparing the the standard Dial tone frequencies/cadence as shown in VoiceGuide's ConfigLine.xml file, entry: TID_DIAL_LCL.

If the Dial tone is different then you can change the frequencies/cadence in TID_DIAL_LCL accordingly and VG will forward these settings to the Dialogic card at startup time.

Frequencies/cadence tone analysis is covered in this Help file topic: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm

I downloaded audacity and confirmed that the entries were correct. VG still does not wait for a dial tone.

I attached the dial tone config so you can see exactly what I have.

According to the log that I sent you before, the "L" command doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I don't think the "L" command is being recognized. What is the name of the file that actually dials the number?

Dial Tone.zip

What is the name of the file that actually dials the number?

The number/expression to dial is passed to the Dialogic card. No files are created or used during this command.

How have you determined that the dial tone on your system is a single frequency 440Hz tone?

Also the <Count> value in the tone definition should not be 0. It should be 1.

We would need to see the VG log files (both vgEngine and ktTel) capturing system startup and the attempted outgoing call to confirm that the tone definitions are correctly loaded and the number is correctly dialed.

Please .ZIP up files before uploading.

Looks like in VG.INI the setting VmForwardTel_AM in section [Voicemail] is set to Disable:

101542.727 21 [Voicemail]:VmForwardTel_AM = Disable

101545.280 1484 3 dx_dial (3,[L*82,,2811238],call progress OFF) (ca_intflg=2)

That setting results in disabling all call progress detection on the outgoing call, including whether call is answered or not.

Please change this setting to:

VmForwardTel_AM = Ignore

and then restart VoiceGuide and perform test again. Please post traces again as before (.ZIPed)

Looking at the supplied Dial tone recording we can see that the tome is composed of two freqencies (350Hz and 440Hz) and not one frequency.

Try changing the TID_DIAL_LCL definition in the ConfiglLine.xml file to:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DIAL_LCL">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DIAL_LCL</ID>

<Freq1>350</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>40</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>440</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>40</Freq2Dev>

<On>100</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

and then restart the VoiceGuide service.