VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Help With D/300sc With Vg 6

Hi

I installed a d/300SC with VG 6 and the VG only finds 4 lines. it says line status waiting for call. it is a PRI card wich is supposed to support 30 lines. what can i do

The Default Config.xml file which is placed in VoiceGuide v6's \data\ subdirectory has only 4 lines defined in it.

You will need to change the Config.xml file to one that is designed to be used on a 30 channel E1 line.

A sample 30 channel E1 Config.xml file should be also in the VoiceGuide v6's \data\ subdirectory.

Just rename that sample 30 channel E1 file to be named "Config.xml" and restart VoiceGuide.

Also before restarting change the ConfigLine.xml file - there is a sample ConfigLine.xml file there which is intended to be used on Digital E1/T1 lines.

VoiceGuide cannot detect they type of Dialogic cards are installed on the system so the Config.xml files need to be manually changed by the user after installation if a different card then a 4 line analog card is used.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...v6_dialogic.htm :

VoiceGuide for Dialogic v6.x comes pre-configured to be used with the first 4 ports of an analog Dialogic card.

If an analog Dialogic card is installed then immediately after installing VoiceGuide you will be able to call into the system and you will hear VoiceGuide answer the call and start a demonstration Credit Card Payment script.

Dialogic lines which VoiceGuide should be using is set in the \Data\Config.xml file (in VoiceGuide's directory). If a card other then a 4 port analog card is used then you will need to first change the Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory before starting VoiceGuide. Sample replacement Config.xml files are provided in that directory as well, showing how Config.xml should be setup if a card other then a 4 port analog card is used.

After you hear the demonstration script answer the call you are now ready to start creating your own scripts. Refer to the Script Design section of the Help file.

OK. so i renamed sample configline for isdn to configline. renamed sample config for e1 30 lines to config. it still gives me an error message on all the ports . "err gc gc openEX DTI b1 t1 P-ISDN) error opening digital line. failed gc (0x90). cant read the rest or the error

The Default Config.xml file which is placed in VoiceGuide v6's \data\ subdirectory has only 4 lines defined in it.

You will need to change the Config.xml file to one that is designed to be used on a 30 channel E1 line.

A sample 30 channel E1 Config.xml file should be also in the VoiceGuide v6's \data\ subdirectory.

Just rename that sample 30 channel E1 file to be named "Config.xml" and restart VoiceGuide.

Also before restarting change the ConfigLine.xml file - there is a sample ConfigLine.xml file there which is intended to be used on Digital E1/T1 lines.

VoiceGuide cannot detect they type of Dialogic cards are installed on the system so the Config.xml files need to be manually changed by the user after installation if a different card then a 4 line analog card is used.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...v6_dialogic.htm :

VoiceGuide for Dialogic v6.x comes pre-configured to be used with the first 4 ports of an analog Dialogic card.

If an analog Dialogic card is installed then immediately after installing VoiceGuide you will be able to call into the system and you will hear VoiceGuide answer the call and start a demonstration Credit Card Payment script.

Dialogic lines which VoiceGuide should be using is set in the \Data\Config.xml file (in VoiceGuide's directory). If a card other then a 4 port analog card is used then you will need to first change the Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory before starting VoiceGuide. Sample replacement Config.xml files are provided in that directory as well, showing how Config.xml should be setup if a card other then a 4 port analog card is used.

After you hear the demonstration script answer the call you are now ready to start creating your own scripts. Refer to the Script Design section of the Help file.

Is the E1 line inserted into the Dialogic card and is the LED on the back of the card Green?

What is the ISDN protocol used on the E1?

Have you selected the matching protocol in the DCM?

Have you tried testing the E1 line using Dialogic's test ISDIAG tool to make sure the Dialogic card works with this E1?

Please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...igisdnsetup.htm

in the back of the card there is a green light as well as an orange light

I have selected CTR4 in the DCM. which is the one i need.

i did not change anything in the config.xml sample for E1 lines and used it as it is.

ISDIAG does not exist in my folder. can you send it to me?

Is the E1 line inserted into the Dialogic card and is the LED on the back of the card Green?

What is the ISDN protocol used on the E1?

Have you selected the matching protocol in the DCM?

Have you tried testing the E1 line using Dialogic's test ISDIAG tool to make sure the Dialogic card works with this E1?

Please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...igisdnsetup.htm

Which ISDN protocol has been setup on this E1 by the telephone company which supplied the E1?

ISDIAG does not exist in my folder.

Which version of Dialogic System Release drivers are installed on this system?

Which ISDN protocol has been setup on this E1 by the telephone company which supplied the E1?

You should install the SR5.1.1SP1 'Service Pack' as well.

The ISDIAG application should then be in the Dialogic's "bin" subdirectory.

Have you selected to install all the ISDN protocols and selected the "Global Call" option when installing SR5.1.1?

CTR4

Is "CTR4" the protocol that the company that supplied the E1 recommended that you use?

Have you installed SP1 and are now able to run ISDIAG?

the company recommended DSS1 which is acctually CTR4 I tried uninstallling and re installing sp1 a few times. ISDIAG does not appear in the bin directory

Is "CTR4" the protocol that the company that supplied the E1 recommended that you use?

Have you installed SP1 and are now able to run ISDIAG?

If you have selected during Dialogic System Release installation that ISDN Protocols and Global Call should be installed on the system then ISDIAG.EXE should be there...

Can you post a DIR listing of what you see in the \bin\ directory?

You must install SR5.1.1 and then install SR5.1.1SP1 over the top of SR5.1.1.

OK. I did a complete install and finally got the ISDiag installed I selected CTR4. what do i do next

OK. so i got ISDiag installed. i ran it. it says DCH 1 and RAI 1 all the rest are 0

what shoud i do next

If you have selected during Dialogic System Release installation that ISDN Protocols and Global Call should be installed on the system then ISDIAG.EXE should be there...

OK. i installed everything from scratch and got ISDiag installed. i ran it. it says DCH 1 and RAI 1 all the rest are 0

I selected the correct protocol (ctr4)

and the correct country. it still seems to misfunction.

when I stop the dialogic servie and then restart it, sometimes i get an error "cant start dialogic"

what shoud i do next

OK. i installed everything from scratch and got ISDiag installed. i installed everythng icludng RS5.11 and RS5.11SP1i

now SDAG s nstalled. i ran it. it says DCH 1 and RAI 1 all the rest are 0

when I stop the dialogic servie and then restart it, sometimes i get an error "cant start dialogic"

what shoud i do next

OK. i installed everything from scratch and got ISDiag installed. i ran it. it says DCH 1 and RAI 1 all the rest are 0

what shoud i do next

The RAI flag means "Remote Alarm Indication".

This suggests a problem at Telco's switch.

You should contact the E1 line supplier to advise them that you are seeing this error. Most likely they Telco's switch has not yet been fully configured.

Remote alarm indication (RAI): The RAI (remote alarm indication) signal indicates loss of layer 1 capability at the

user-network interface. RAI propagates towards the network if layer 1 capability is lost in the direction of the user, and

RAI propagates toward the user if layer 1 capability is lost in the direction of the network.

I understand. so is this also the reason for the DCH alarm ?

is this the reason of the failyer to start the dialogic service. if the E1 supplier tells me there is nothing wrong on their end. what should i do?

The RAI flag means "Remote Alarm Indication".

This suggests a problem at Telco's switch.

You should contact the E1 line supplier to advise them that you are seeing this error. Most likely they Telco's switch has not yet been fully configured.

Remote alarm indication (RAI): The RAI (remote alarm indication) signal indicates loss of layer 1 capability at the

user-network interface. RAI propagates towards the network if layer 1 capability is lost in the direction of the user, and

RAI propagates toward the user if layer 1 capability is lost in the direction of the network.

The DCH alarms means that the D Channel is not active. It would not be active if you have an RAI flag on this circuit.

The Telco should confirm what is happening by attaching an analyzer to that E1 and seeing what is actually happening on that E1.

a technichin has to come to my office or it is done in the public pbx?

The DCH alarms means that the D Channel is not active. It would not be active if you have an RAI flag on this circuit.

The Telco should confirm what is happening by attaching an analyzer to that E1 and seeing what is actually happening on that E1.