VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Basic Introductory Questions

Laurie wrote:

Can you give me an overview of how it works?

How user-friendly is it, can the average user set it up or do I need a programmer?

Does it work with a VOIP system?

How many phone lines does it support?

What exactly is the Dialogic card?

I am guessing that there is one card per phone line, correct?

I assume it does outbound calls, yes?

I assume i can upload the phone numbers electronically?

Is this boxed software I buy and put on my computer or is this a service that you provide?

I want to be able to do polls with the answers from the listener accepted and accessable in some kind of a report form so I can analyze the results. Does it do this?

I want to be able to set up the levels of questions (i.e. if answer is 1, hang up, otherwise got to next question. Does it do this?

How much?

Thanks,

Laurie

Q: Can you give me an overview of how it works

A: After designing the IVR script using the Script Designer you install a Dialogic card in the computer and plug the telephone lines into it. Then you start VoiceGuide and VoiceGuide will receive/make calls over those telephone lines. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgIntroduction.htm

Q: How user-friendly is it, can the average user set it up or do I need a programmer?

A: If you are comfortable with installing and using applications like MS Excel or MS Visio then you should have no problems.

Q: Does it work with a VOIP system?

A: Yes. Just attach the ports from the VoIP adapter to the Dialogic card.

Q: How many phone lines does it support?

A: Up to 300 per PC.

Q: What exactly is the Dialogic card?

A: It's a telephony card. A bit like an internal modem.

Q: I am guessing that there is one card per phone line, correct?

A: No. There are cards that will accept up to 16 analog lines and then you can use T1 and E1 lines. A card with 4 E1 connections will handle 120 voice lines.

Q: I assume it does outbound calls, yes?

A: Yes.

Q: I assume i can upload the phone numbers electronically?

A: Yes.

Q: Is this boxed software I buy and put on my computer or is this a service that you provide?

A: You buy the software and install it on your computer.

Q: I want to be able to do polls with the answers from the listener accepted and accessable in some kind of a report form so I can analyze the results. Does it do this?

A: You can save the responses in a database of your choice and then analyze the results with that database's reporting tools.

Q: I want to be able to set up the levels of questions (i.e. if answer is 1, hang up, otherwise got to next question.

A: Yes, that's fine.

Q: How much?

A: 4 line license starts at US$299. see: https://secure.voiceguide.com/order_vg.htm

Please see our WWW from where you can download the fully working evaluation version of the software.

The demonstrations supplied will get you running in a matter of minutes.

You will need to get a Dialogic card as well - see: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm

Any PC with WindowsXP will be fine.

We can assist with writing the scripts as well, and can setup the system remotely for you as well if you can provide access to it using PCAnywhere or WinVNC (www.realvnc.com) (extra setup charges apply)