VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Registering Calling Number Without Pick Up Call

Hello,

Can You help me?

I need to register calling number without answering call in VG.

VoiceGuide does not have to answer incoming calls to start running the script.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/call%20start.htm

A VoiceGuide script can be configured to start running without answering the telephone line. This allows VoiceGuide to conduct any Caller ID based database lookups or calls to users programs, VB Script calls etc. in order to determine how the call should be treated.

Arriving at the "Hangup Call" module results in the script finishing and the call never being answered.

All that is required to enable the start without answering calls option is to check the "Start the script without answering call" box in the Script Properties window.

To display Script Properties window:

In Script Designer

In the 'Edit' menu

Select 'Script Properties' option

Not sure how you want to register calling number.

To just echo the CallerID number to a file and then end without answering the call a script like this would be used (view .vgs file in VoiceGuide Script Designer):

LogCallerIDWithoutAnsweringCall.vgs

How to decide witch script module should answer the call? (exclude script properties)

I want to declare start module in script properties and other module to answer call (e.g. PLAY welcome).

I need to analyze calling number before pick up the call.

The starting module(s) that look at the CallerID/DNIS and decide what to do next can just go to specific Play modules using Paths, or Script_Goto calls etc.

eg. in starting modules you can do a database query that returns a result, and the value of the result can be used oin Evaluate Expression moudle to go to next module.

See attached script (view .vgs file in VoiceGuide Script Designer):

PlayGroupGreeting.vgs

Question is: when Script pick up the call - start connection?

I imagine in this case script that modules: Echo, DBquery and RouteOnGroup working when caller waiting on connection (calling signal) and in Play module Script starting connection.

I need to prepare all data (db Querys) during calling ring and pick up in first PLAY module or other module I sign.