VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Run Time Error

In my attempt to write a script,I receive a runtime error when I attempt to record. The runtime error 53 appears, I click ok and it automatically closes out the program. Any suggestions? I attached a picture of what I am talking about.

post-10969-133737811238_thumb.png

The Script Designer will by default try to start the Windows Sound Recorder application.

If the Sound Recorder application cannot be found or you do not heave permissions to run the Sound Recorder application, then you will see an error.

Easiest workaround is to just record the sound files using the sound editor of your choice

You will need to ensure the sound files are saved in the right format. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

The attached version of Script Designer will no longer issue an error when the Sound Recorder application cannot be found.

To update your system please unzip attachment and place vgScriptDesigner.exe file in the VoiceGuide directory, overwriting previous version.

The sound file editor which the Script Designer launches (when creating/editing a sound file is requested) is set in VoiceGuide's VG.INI file.

The default setting is SNDREC32.EXE, which is the Microsoft sound recorder app.

SNDREC32.EXE is attached as well (.ZIPed). You can download, unzip and place sndrec32.exe in VoiceGuide directory.

To have another sound editor launched automatically from within the Script Designer you can edit the VG.INI file. In section:

[PlayRecordConfig]

entry:

RecEditor

Set RecEditor to point to the sound editor .exe file that you wish to be launched when creating/editing a sound file is requested in VoiceGuide's Script Editor.

The sound files used by the script usually are recorded or at least edited using a sound editor that has more functionality then just a standard Windows Recorded, as the need to be trimmed etc before use.

one sound editor that can be used is Audacity - see: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

sndrec32.zip

vgScriptDesigner.zip