VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ivr Hangs Up Right After 2 Rings

Hello support team,

I have 2 questions:

1. When users call to this IVR server, sometimes they get disconnected right after 2 rings.

The log shows VoiceGuide picks up the call after 2 rings (as it is set in the Config.), but then hangs up with some error, which I do not understand what that means.

Would you please see what is happening?

2. It takes about 2 minutes for this IVR server to detect hangup. Is there any configuration/settings I could modify to improve hangup detection?

Thanks in advance!

IVR_LOG_DisconnectedAfterRings.zip

Trace shows that after answering the call the system tries to run a VBScript module titled "CheckTaskType", however for some reason the running of this VBScript failed.

Can you post the script that you are using? We can then see the script and advised what happened.

105357.187 6 20 11 state [CheckTaskType] type: Script_VBScript, iRunWait=1

105357.187 6 20 11 t timer set 0.5 sec : CMD_RUN_SAME_MODULE_AGAIN

105357.187 6 20 11 timer set completed lTimeLeft250msUnits=2, iTimeoutCode=9800

105357.187 6 20 11 RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted start

105357.187 6 20 11 script run failed. objVbsOrExeProcess Is Nothing, Shell parameter = []

105357.187 6 20 11 HangupCall, source=RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted_1, WorkModeScript=Running_Normal, yLineStateAppPov=[Connected], lPlayId=0, lRecId=0

105357.187 6 20 11 moduleTitle=[CheckTaskType]

105357.187 6 20 11 ScriptWorkingMode set Stopping, (called from HangupCall)

105357.187 6 20 11 ls set Disconnect_Pending (scriptstate=LS_ENDINGCALL)

105357.187 6 20 11 state Hanging up... [RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted_1]

2. It takes about 2 minutes for this IVR server to detect hangup. Is there any configuration/settings I could modify to improve hangup detection?

Have you looked at: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm ?

It looks like you are using analog lines for this system. If the PBX/Telco does not drop loop current or play a disconnect tone then the script should be designed that it times out and hangs up by itself in situations where there is no response from caller.

Thanks for the quick response.

I attached the VGS script that contains [CheckTaskType] module. It has been working fine so far, but guess not any more.

Thank you very much.

PS)I will try to modify the setting for the end of call as instructed. Thanks.

Login.zip

Looks like the issue that you are experiencing was one that was resolved a while ago.

The version of VG v7 that is used on your system is close to two years old.

Can you update the system to the latest version of VG v7 available for download from our WWW?

To update just stop the VG service and run new install over the top of existing version.

After looking at this bug closer we made a couple more changes in the software.
Can you please use this version when updating your system:

[old link removed]

I have updated the IVR server with the patch you have provided and it seemed to have fixed the problem where VoiceGuide disconnects calls after 2 rings.

Thanks.

However, VoiceGuide is still not detecting the end of call even after I modify "Disconnect Tone" entry in ConfigLine.xml as the Online Help, "Disconnection Detection", suggested.

At this moment, I am not sure if this is because of the detection problem.

Would you be able to check the attached logs?

I also have included a wave file that contains the sound of the busy signal.

The log will show that I called, logged in, then got to "PlayPunchMenuGetPunchOption" module.

I actually hung up as soon as I arrived at this module, but the log will show that the call continues for about a minute or two. (I disconnected the call at the end by pressing "hangup" button on the Status Monitor.

Thank you very much for all of your help again!

hangup.zip

The disconnect tone has two frequencies in it: 480Hz and 620Hz

Please change the DISCONNECT_USER_1 definition to:

<Tone Name="DISCONNECT USER 1">

<Notes>User defined Disconnect 1. Change the parameters of this tone definition to match the disconnect tone on your system.</Notes>

<ID>DISCONNECT_USER_1</ID>

<Freq1>480</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>620</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>50</On>

<OnDev>5</OnDev>

<Off>50</Off>

<OffDev>5</OffDev>

<Count>3</Count>

</Tone>

If you continue to have problems with disconnect detection please start a new forum thread for that problem.