VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Disconnect Event

Hi,

I am trying to detect a user hangup (on an outbound call) after the script starts and direct the script to a module to log the hangup. In VG6, I have on {DISCONNECT_TAPI1} goto [noresponse] and it works fine with the D240 JCT1T1. What is the equivalent in VG 7 with a D480 JCT 2T1 card?

I have tried:

on {DISCONNECT_TAPI1} goto [noresponse]

on {DISCONNECT} goto [noresponse]

on {DISCONNECT_USER_1} goto [noresponse]

on {LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED} goto [noresponse]

on {GCEV_DISCONNECTED} goto [noresponse]

on {GCEV_DROPCALL} goto [noresponse]

on {GCEV_RESETLINEDEV} goto [noresponse]

all to no avail.

Thank You

Are you using an ISDN or a 'Robbed Bit' type trunk on this system?

The hangup processing should usually be done from the "On Hangup" script, that would get called as soon as the call ends. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/call%20finish.htm

If you wish to intercept the events signalling the call disconnect, and handle the 'end of call' processing yourself then this works in v7 just like it did in v6.

If you are not seeing the disconnect tones being detected then maybe the tones have mot been configured properly in v7's ConfigLine.xml file?

Have you compared the tone definitions between your v6 installation and the v7 installation?

Also please note that on outbound calls many telco's will not play disconnect tone if call recipient hangs up. This is another reason why ISDN type trunks are recommended for use on outbound calls. ISDN trunks will always indicate immediately when the call recipient hangs up, and when they pick up the handset etc.