VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

mixed questions

OK Sorry for I will send you the attachment later again as I'm not in my office.

In the meantime, could you please help me in 2 these points ..

- how I can, listen the communication & talk in the Microphone through my PC. Is there somthing to configure ?

- If I want to make 1000 outgoing calls and I have 4 lines available, how can I ask the system to share the four lines for 4 simultaneous calls ?

Thank you very much for your appreciated support.

MH

how I can, listen the communication & talk in the Microphone through my PC.

Speak to the caller? That is not supported.

- If I want to make 1000 outgoing calls and I have 4 lines available, how can I ask the system to share the four lines for 4 simultaneous calls ?

That's done automatically - just assign VoiceGuide to control all 4 lies and VG will make calls on any lines that are available. (If you want you can optionally select that only a some of the lines be used.)

[speak to the caller? That is not supported.]

You mean that If I receive some incomming call on the PC, I can't anwser them though the PC ? I have to tranfer them to a phone ?

Thanks

MH

You mean that If I receive some incomming call on the PC, I can't anwser them though the PC ? I have to tranfer them to a phone ?

Yes, you need to tranfer the call to another phone if you want to speak with the caller.

OK thanks...

I would like to ask you these following question to make sure that I'm configurig correctly my TSP. Indded I have (thanks to your advises) succeded making call transfer, but I still meet some troubles:

In the TSP,

- Call parameter > Ring-Back-Time-out = 700 :

Does this mean that if no anwser id dectected within 700 ms, the call is considered as connected ? Is my case I have set the value to 2000 ms

- Beep Pannel : I must admit that I didn't understant the use of this parameter ..

I have set this value to 440 Hz Ampli=0 (4400 is the rining Frenquencey here in france). What the use of this ?

-PBX String: What the difference between Forward and Tranfer ?

thanks

MH

Call parameter > Ring-Back-Time-out

Max time between successive Rinbacks from the called number. If not Ringback detected within that time then call is considered connected.

Beep tone

not used

PBX String: What the difference between Forward and Tranfer ?

forward is to set call forwards on the line - it's not used. Transfer is to initiate current call transfers.

Thank.

Call parameter > Ring-Back-Time-out

On my system the only way I have found to detect the connection is to set this value to 2000 (20 secondes).

otherwise the connect event fires when the time out ends.

Do you why I need to set a so high value ...

Thanks

Mh

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures both scenarios on the system, this will allow us to see what is happening on the system.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

OK for this point it is recolved.. Thanks

Yes, you need to tranfer the call to another phone if you want to speak with the caller.

Is this a limitation of Dialogic board or of Voiceguide ?

In my understanding, if we can play file on the line (or record file from the line), we could also use the PC's mic to speak through the line.

Are you meaning that all predictive dialer or autodialier do a call transfer on other line once they have an answer ?

Tnaks for you explanantion.

Is this a limitation of Dialogic board or of Voiceguide ?

Yes.

In my understanding, if we can play file on the line (or record file from the line), we could also use the PC's mic to speak through the line.

Yes, but when playing a file you cannot record at the same time, so you will not be able to hear what is said by the other party... Dialogic cards are not really designed to function like this...

Are you meaning that all predictive dialer or autodialer do a call transfer on other line once they have an answer ?

Most of predictive dialer or autodialer system are 24 lines+, and are used in call centers so transferring the calls make a lot more sense... I haven't seen on yet which would connect a call with PC's spks/mic.

Thank you for your explanation.

Yes, but when playing a file you cannot record at the same time, so you will not be able to hear what is said by the other party... Dialogic cards are not really designed to function like this...

The only concern I have regarding this is that when I call someone, if this personn answer the call, the system will take 1 or 2 seconds to tranfer the call and the telemarketer will have to pick up the phone (1 or 2 other seconds), this can be confusing for the called personn.

thanks

Can you play a message saying "Please hold for a few seconds while this call is being transferred" ?

Another option is to set up a sort of a Predictive Dialer type system where you would dial into one of the VoiceGuide ports and when a call is connected it would then be bridged to you automatically - you could then dial into VG using a phone on your desk, leave the phone on 'speakerphone' (or just place the handset on the side) and then when VG bridges an answered call to your line VG can either play a sound on the PC speaker or pop a message on your screen - you will then be able to speak with the other person immediately....

Please see the Bridge_Connect and Bridge_Disconnect COM functions in the VG help file.

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to find Bridge_Connect in the help file, could you please give me the path..

Tkx

Thanks again for you reactivity ....

- Do I have to implement this in a Run VB Script ?

- What the difference between this and call transfer

- Do you have a working example of this ...

PS: Are you working 24/24 :-)

- Do I have to implement this in a Run VB Script ?

Yes.

- What the difference between this and call transfer

Bridge_Connect and Bridge_Disconnect deal with connecting two separate calls which exist on the Dialogic card. A Call transfer is an instruction to PBX to take the call away from VG and transfer it to another extension.

- Do you have a working example of this ...

just the samples in Help file...