VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Extremely Long Calls

As the technical support for my client, this is my first experience with Voiceguide. My client came to me with report of hefty long distance bills coming from daily 4 to 8 hour calls from the Voiceguide system. Attached is our system info and one days outbound call log. It appears that the last call on 3 of the lines doesn't disconnect. Any help would be appreciated.

sys_inf.zip

CDR_20110225_out.zip

Since it is the last of the calls of the day, it sounds like you don't have an explicit "hangup"? What is your .vgs script?

The subject of detecting end of call is covered in this Help file topic: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm

Please read the above and let us know if you have any questions.

On out bound calls you should ensure that the script ran when the call is answered will end at some point. If you have a script that does not end (eg. goes into an infinite loop of some sort) then you run the risk of the call not ending if the disconnect tone/event is not detected by Dialogic card.

And most Telco's don't play disconnect tones on outgoing calls...

I'm having difficulty finding the scripts. They don't appear to be located in the path that the system says it is running from. However, the scripts are the same ones that have calls of 2 minutes or less. If the script had some loop, wouldn't every call fail to end correctly? Also, is there a command, script or setting that will just shut everything off at a specified time? The calls that hang appear to be running past the deadline for outbound calls to end.

I'm having difficulty finding the scripts. They don't appear to be located in the path that the system says it is running from.

The system will run the scripts that are specified when the outbound call is loaded.

If the script had some loop, wouldn't every call fail to end correctly?

Calls will finish if for example the disconnect tone is detected. And maybe the script loop is only in certain part of the script.

Which version of VoiceGuide is used on this system?

Can you post the script used and the traces capturing the problem outbound call?