VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrade

Hello

my system has trouble recognising disconnect all the time and I have been advised by admin to upgrade to SR 6.0 drivers and V7.0 voiceguide.

I have no porblem with this - but wondering whether this is a relatively clean and easy process and that all my current config regarding scripts, outbound files will immediatley work after the upgrade.

I do NOT have the luxury of a test or quality system - but do have a clone of my current system...as a last resort.

appreciate any advice or feedback

currently running V6 voiceguide on a dp4Ciu dialogic card

thank you

To config will not be copied from v6 to v7. You would need to make the necessary configuration changes in v7 Config.xml, VG.INI etc.

Scripts should work without changes.

Only one version of Dialogic drivers can be installed on system at one time however.

You may want to look into installing windows on another partition in a dual boot setup and testing out v7 first before proceeding with moving from v6 to v7 on your main system.

Ok ill go dual boot way thanks...

so only changes look to be config.xml and Vg.ini

are they structually any different in Voiceguide 7? can i just copy them over?

Its a while since Ive even looked at this system - its been so stable..

are they structually any different in Voiceguide 7? can i just copy them over?

Some VG.INI entries are different and the Config.xml file for v7 has more entries in it. Would not just copy them over.

OK

given I have to upgrade - can Voice guide and SR6 drivers run in window 7.0 -

I currently have it on an XP systme

Thanks

uploaded win 7 - and SR6 drivers to new partition

Dialogic Board is found but says I dont have admin rights to activate ? But user is an administrator - any idea?

Can you try running the DCM 'As Administrator' ?

Right click on the shortcut/program and select 'Run as Administrator' option.

NB. The VoiceGuide service, when starting, will automatically start the Dialogic service first, so it is not really necessary to have the Dialogic service itself set to 'autostart'.

Hi again

ok I have test system running with windows 7, SR 6 drivers, and Voiceguide 7.

I have attahced config file trying to ideincty hang up for TELSTRA Line...

It STILL takes about 30 secs before hang up is completed?

ConfigLine.xml

Can you please provide a recording of the disconnect tone that is played on the telephone lines plugged into your Dialogic card.

(please .ZIP up the .WAV file before uploading it)

The DISCONNECT_USER_1 tone definition in the ConfigLine.xml file that you supplied is fine, but the actual ConfigLine.xml file is a malformed XML file. ie. the ConfigLine.xml file is not a valid XML file, and hence none of the ConfigLine.xml file would be loaded at startup.

XML file validity can be quickly verified by viewing the XML file in any web browser.

Open your ConfigLine.xml in Internet Explorer or Firefox etc. and you will see that there are problems with it.

A fixed ConfigLine.xml is attached to this post. Please use this file on your system and see if the disconnections are now detected.

ConfigLine.zip

Hi,

yes I have used xml before and thought it did open ok when I opened in a browser. In fact first time I had to add a </tones which I havd incorrectly deleted.

Anyway i have moved this file to cofig directory and unfortunatley I get exactly the same hang up result.

This is a bit strange. What is the model of the Dialogic card used on this system?

Please do the below:

1. place the attached ConfigLine.xml file in VG's \conf\ subdirectory, (unzip it first)

2. stop VG service,

3. delete all trace files in VG's \log\ subdirectory,

4. start VG service

5. male a call into VG as before and start recording voicemail message as before

6. hangup handset while recording voicemail message

7. wait for system to hangup.

8. stop VG service.

9. .ZIP up the trace files from VG's \log\ subdirectory and the voicemail message.

10. post the .ZIP file here.

The attached ConfigLine_r2.zip file contains a new version of ConfigLine.xml. In this new version the main TID_DISCONNECT tone entry was modified to match the disconnect tone on your lines. The previous ConfigLine.xml was using the DISCONNECT_USER_1 tone definition entry.

ConfigLine_r2.zip

Listening to the supplier recordings again a background buzzing tone can be noticed. It is possible that that buzzing tone is what is confusing the Dialogic card's tone detection circuitry.

Most likely the buzzing is caused by other electrical equipment being positioned too closely to the telephone lines. Suggest that you position the computer and telephone lines far from any possible source of interference and see if that resolves the issue.

You can also try experimenting with TID_DISCONNECT tone detection settings to see at what stage the tone detection is made.

current setting is: f1=425:50 f2=0:0 on=37:10 off=37:10 repeats=3

try changing it to something like: f1=425:100 f2=0:0 on=37:10 off=37:10 repeats=2

still the same - it WAS surrounded by other PC's but I have moved around the back of a wall now.

this box is itself is probably louder than most desktops ive had?

out.zip

Can't see why the tone is not detected. It is as if the tone detection on the card itself is not working.

Are you able to set up these lines to do a 'loop current drop' at end of call? Loop Current Drop is another way of Switch/PBX signaling end of call and is a quicker way of signaling end of call.

They are just two standard PSTN lines coming into my home office. Is that something I can ask my Provider to set up?

Do you have an old test board there you know is working ? I could then do some isolation testing?

If is the board Ill then purchase a new one from you.

They are just two standard PSTN lines coming into my home office. Is that something I can ask my Provider to set up?

You can contact them to see if they offer this option on the lines that they supply.

Do you have an old test board there you know is working ? I could then do some isolation testing?

We can probably organize a test board. We'll get in touch regarding this by email.

Line providor cannot provide reverse polarity services - presumably this is the same as loop current drop.

Can we please move forward on testing board?

Im happy to provide security via CC details and pay for mail.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com to get this arranged. Please include in your email a link to this support forum thread.