VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recommenced Handsets

I've been using VG for outbound calling, but I now have a client that would like to setup a system for inbound calls with a 4-line analog setup with ACD. What recommended handsets (USA) should I use? Does it matter for analog? What can be used to transfer/conference calls, etc? Is the ACD agent able to do all this with a simple handset? Do I need multiline handsets?

Thanks!

Probably best for you to get a small/cheap PBX and have VoiceGuide's Dialogic card attached to analog extensions on the the PBX.

VoiceGuide can then transfer call to the agent's extension.

VoiceGuide can take care of the ACD queuing if you have agents use the Agent popup ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vgAcd.htm ) to indicate when they are ready to accept further calls.

Can VG with the analog dialogic card handle the call transfers without using a PBX? So if there are four lines and line 1 has a call coming in and I use line 2 to call out to an agents phone number and then "transfer" the call?

-

Yes, you can do this as well. Advantage of this is that agent can be anywhere, not in the office.

ACD calls are "Dial and Conference"/"Trombone" transferred to agents.

Also, I'm at a loss using the ACD. When I'm ready to transfer the call to a number, what do I do to transfer the information to the connected agent? Any documentation on this process?

With ACD you just use at Transfer Call module to transfer the call to an ACD queue. Eg. if you use this expression in the Transfer Call module:

acd:newsales

the call will be placed in ACD queue newsales. Agents which have skill level in 'agents' category will then have that call routed to them when available. Skilled based routing is used to route the call, so agent with highest skill that is available is chosen.

Thanks for your replay and patience. Do you have a sample script (VG and/or ACD que) for using the ACD que?

I'm also having trouble figuring how to transfer a call using POTS analog. The customer doesn't have a PBX and I just need to be able to transfer a call from one line on the dialogic card to another analog line that is at a person's desk. This can be a live transfer or a 3-way call, but as long as it seems like a transfer to the person calling in.

Again, thank you very much!