VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Card For Analog Lines

I need a dialogic card for about 16 to 20 analog lines. I have no idea what to model to use or what the difference is between each one.

The application is for VOIP help desk and I wuould need to run a predicitve dialing software so it must have tone detection. I run on an compaq server with windows advance 2000 server. My questions are the following.

1. Which model should I use? And what is the pros and cons between the models?

2. What other hardware do I need to power this up. What is the minimum memory etc or any other middle ware.

3. If I was based in another country does the analog line configuration differ or will it be the same as the US? What I mean is - is configuring a dialogic card for an analog line will as difficult when configuring an E1r2?

you should use either:

A. two D/120JCT cards - each card can handle 12 analog ports

B. 4 or 5 D/4PCI cards - each card can handle 4 analog ports

many servers may not have space for more then 4 PCI cards...

http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm has links to more info on each card - just click on the card's model number on that page.

A Server with a 1GHz CPU and with about 256MB RAM will be sufficient.

Analog lines are very easy to set up - you just plug the lines in - that's it. There is no need to set any protocols or any other issues that you will experience with digital lines.

Both D120 and D4PCI are certified to be used all over the world - you may need to specify that a particular 'parameter file' is used depending on what country you will be deploying in - but that's a 30 second job and there is no need for you to change any settings or speak to the phone company etc (both of which you will be doing quite a lot if you want to set up E1R2 or any other Digital link).

Hi, I have a question, The D120 dialogic cards has a RJ-14 Pinouts ... I don't want to re installing all of telephony wire, so Are there some "converter" or something like this to conect 2 traditional lines (2 wires) into RJ-14 Pinouts of the D120?

Thanks in advance

Another question please, If I want to connect 4 (four) D120 cards in the same PC, I need the CT Bus cables?

Thanks a lot

An Analog telephone line uses two wires.

The traditional single line RJ-11 connector has the two wires on the two center pins. (of the 4 pin plug)

The RJ-14 connector has one line on the center two pins, and another line on the two outside pins.

Just ask any electrician or telecom technician and they will connect up the two telephone lines to the RJ connector to make it an RJ-14. I understand that Dialogic used to offer a Y-cable which had two RJ11 sockets wired up to an RJ14 plug - best to ask your local Dialogic distributor.

If you want four D/120-JCT cards in one PC you will need to connect them all together with a CT bus cable across the back of all the cards.

Thanks a lot! You are amazing...

Must I do some special configuration with de CT bus cable? or only connect it the back of all the cards?

What configuration I need in order to have VG + 4 D/120-JCT on my PC?

Thanks again

All you need to do is to connect it across the back of all the cards - have a look at the release notes which come with the cards - there will be more info there.

To use 48 lines you will need a fairly fast PC - a P4 2.8GHz with about 512MB RAM should be OK.