VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Spanish Ivr

I am preparing a IVR server in spanish, and me a doubt with the script of conversion of dates and numbers (lib_num2wav.vbs), beacuse i need to To modify it.

Already I have the translated wav files, but I want to know what function in the lib_num2wav.vbs is the one that It composes the final string to reproduce.

Thks, Diego Bellini

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

In v7 the Say Numbers module by default uses a DLL to create the string of what .WAV sound files need to be played. A VBScript can be used instead but using the DLL is the preferred option. Source code (in C#) for the DLL is supplied and can be found in the VoiceGuide installation tree.

If you can tell us how you want to structure the .WAV file sequence when speaking a number or date etc. then we can add the appropriate functions to the DLL for you.

I have different installations with VG's different versions, from 6 in forward.

From wich version this change begins?

It is possible to use only the vbscript Instead of the DLL? (I do not handle C# language)

I send to you my modificated version of lib_num2wav.vbs That works correctly for spanish.

Thanks

lib_num2wav.zip

The DLL option is only used in v7 - but it is possible to still use the VBScript instead of the DLL in VG v7 - to do so you need to just change the VG.INI section [moduleSayNbrs] entry WavListGenerator from:

WavListGenerator=DLL

to:

WavListGenerator=VBScript

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modsaynumber.htm :

In VoiceGuide v7 you can also select to have the system use the the lib_num2wav.vbs to generate the spoken number by changing the VG.INI file setting. In VG.INI, section [moduleSayNumbers], change the entry WavListGenerator from DLL to VBScript.

To create the WAV file string VoiceGuide will call the relevant function in function in the VBScript. Eg. If the module in VoiceGuide script specifies that the digits should be spoken as "Amount - Dollars And Cents" then this function will be called:

Function AmountDollarsAndCents(ByVal arg1)

If you are modifying the VBScript we usually recommend to add your own functions, rather then modify existing ones. If you need to make a new version of function just copy the existing English version and change the description and function name.

It sounds like you have modified the VBScript already and it is working correctly for Spanish - so what do you need from us to proceed with using your version on your system?

If you are modifying the VBScript we usually recommend to add your own functions, rather then modify existing ones. If you need to make a new version of function just copy the existing English version and change the description and function name.

Yes, I did precisely it, my modifications are commented like 'JEB

It sounds like you have modified the VBScript already and it is working correctly for Spanish - so what do you need from us to proceed with using your version on your system?

Yes, it sounds correctly now. I'm not know about the change in the .ini file. Thanks