VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sql Query Apparently Not Working

Hi,

I have a script that I copied from one PC using Version 6 to a machine using Version 7 of VoiceGuide. The card works on the new machine. The script answers the phone and is OK until I access the database (SQL Server). When I enter the user's password it simply says what I put in is invalid. It works fine on the other machine. I verified that the ODBC connection on both machines are the same.

What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance,

David Faulkner

Transomatic Corporation

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Ok, here are the log files and the script. If someone could look at this today that would be great!

Thanks,

David Faulkner

Transomatic Corporation

Voiceguide Files.zip

VoiceGuide v7 uses ADO.NET to connect to databases. Please read http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm

You need to specify the ADO.NET provider name in the 'Database' field. For SQL Server use: System.Data.SqlClient

and use the connect string used by ADO.NET drivers. From www.connectionstrings.com :

http://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server-2005

http://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server-2008

Trace shows:

095820.972 6 7 4 db odbc RunQuery_Odbc [select Provider ID], db=[DHATPASERVER], connect=[uID=sa;PWD=imgsql;], sql=[select Provider_Number from DHA_Doctor WHERE ((Terminated_Date is null and Active_YN = 0) or Terminated_Date is not null and Terminated_Date >= getdate()) and Provider_Number = '0000980']

095820.972 6 7 4 odbc OdbcConnectString modified to be include DBQ parameter: UID=sa;PWD=imgsql;;DBQ=DHATPASERVER;

095820.972 6 7 4 odbc to use a DSN-less connection do not specify the ODBC Data Source.

095820.987 20 7 4 ERROR v7.1.3583.22027 (2009-10-23 12:14:15.00) ConnectAndRun_Odbc init : ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified