VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Detecting Fast Busy On Incoming Call, Or Setting Maximum Call Length?

on our vg7 system, we have a d/120jct-ls for receiving voice calls, and a d/41jct-ls for receiving faxes.

we received a call on one of hte voice lines when i was watching the line status monitor and noticed that after a very long time it was still recording, even though the phone line itself had physically been hung up. when i played the recording, it was a fast busy tone.

is there a way of detecting/hanging up if there is a fast busy tone?

thanks,

les

On analog lines you will need to set the disconnect tones as per instructions here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

You are not just limited to <ID>DISCONNECT_USER_1</ID> and <ID>DISCONNECT_USER_2</ID> tones. You can add your own (how many depends on the card) but the IDs need to begin with the word DISCONNECT in order for these tones to be used as disconnect triggers.

eg:

<ID>DISCONNECT_MYTONE4</ID>

You can also use a Timeout path to limit the maximum record length of the Record module. Without the timeout path the default max recording is 5 or 10 minutes, so the system will hangup up in the end by itself anyway.

I still have to investigate setting the disconnect tones (and will need help for setting a "busy signal" as one of them), but what I am writing about now is that we are still getting 'calls' that record for *hours*.

The automatic/default disconnect does not appear to be working, nor does setting one explicitly eg, on {timeout 300} goto [Check Date Time] in the record module.

The attached log should show where I manually disconnected channel 1 after i cannot remember how many hours.

Ideas?

thx,

les

4325184_somecallsrecordforever_090720.zip

Looks like the timeout path that you have setup in the Record module is pointing to module [Check Date Time] - and from there script takes caller back to [RecordEnglish] again... and the way this script is designed right now this will go on forever if there is no input from user.

You should change the timeout path to point to a Hangup type module instead of the [Check Date Time], so that the call is actually ended when the maximum record time is reached.

Recommend you also read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

112247.000 6 1 state [RecordEnglish] Recording c:\asap\messages\000001E-090720112247-N-I.wav

112247.000 6 1 t timer set 300 sec : EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

112815.578 4 1 timer EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

112815.640 6 1 rec complete event arrived. going to previously selected next module.

112815.640 6 1 t timer clear (force=False)

112815.640 6 1 RunModule start [Run VB Script,[Check Date Time],2]

112815.640 6 1 state [Check Date Time] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

112841.906 6 1 state [RecordEnglish] Recording c:\asap\messages\000001E-090720112841-N-I.wav

thanks, i will change that to a hangup module, and look into the disconnect codes.

one question remains .. if i were to remove that on timeout path, shouldn't vg end the call automatically (i think you said after 5-10 minutes)?

thanks,

les

if i were to remove that on timeout path, shouldn't vg end the call automatically (i think you said after 5-10 minutes)?

Yes. If no timout path is specified the Record module will stop recording after a maximum record time is reached and call will be ended.

Max record time is set in VG.INIm in setting RecLengthMax. Default is 300 seconds (5 minutes).