VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Programming Incoming Calls-help

Hello-

I recently installed Voiceguide and have a dialogic card. I want to program the system to pick up incoming phone calls and run a script. I recorded the script on sound files. And I went into script designer and did what I think is the right thing to do. I am a Graduate Student and doing this for the first time. Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to get the script to run when someone calls into the phone???? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you so much!

The default script which is used when incoming calls to the system is answered is set in the Config.xml file.

Edit the Config.xml file accordingly then restart VoiceGuide. VoiceGuide will read in the new Config.xml settings and use the specified sript next time call is answered.

Imagine you are telling someone who has no experience with this: how do you get into the config.xml file?? How do you restart voiceguide?? Is that just rebooting the computer??

Thank you

Okay-

I programmed a script. When looking at the "line status monitor" it shows "waiting for call". the inbound script is set as 'C://ProgramFiles/Voiceguide/CreditCardpayment.vsg" . I did not set that, that was already in the inbound script part. I do not know how to change the inbound script. Do you?? Step by step instructions please.

So, I edited the Credit Card payment script so that it would read my script. Now, instead of hearing "please enter your client id"..."please enter your credit card #" when you call in, now you hear static on the line. The line status monitor counts the rings, then shows any numbers I punch in, but all I hear on the line is static.

What is going on? How can I get my script to play when people call in? is it something to do with the inbound script? or what? i really need to resolve this issue. Please give me step by step instructions if you know what is going on. Thank you!

how to change the inbound script?

The default script which is used when incoming calls to the system is answered is set in the Config.xml file.

The Config.xml file in v6 is located in VoiceGuide's main directory, and can be edited using any text editor (eg Notepad).

when you call in, now you hear static on the line.

Sounds like the sound files that you recorded are not in the right format. Do you know in what format you have recorded the new sound files? Have you read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm ?

Thank you. yes, i read the sound files information page. They are WAV files which are ok to use with v6. What do I type into notepad when I go in to edit?

Do I need to activate voiceguide everyday throught the configuration wizard? I have been having to do that and didn't know if that was how it works or not?

Thanks!

They are WAV files which are ok to use with v6.

The WAV files need to be in specific format. For v6 it is: PCM 8kHz, 8-bit, Mono

Do I need to activate voiceguide everyday throught the configuration wizard?

No. v6 configuration is set by editing the Config.xml file. The Configuratin Wizard is only used in v5. Are you using v5 or v6?

What do I type into notepad when I go in to edit?

You open the Config.xml file and later the settings (mainly the script setting in your case) accordingly.

Okay,

my wav files are mono, 16 bit, 22kHz, PCM. How do I get them to be the specified 8 bit, 8 kHz?

thank you!

Nevermind, figured out how to convert them to 8 bit. So, now they are working when I call into the phone line. They are bit grainy but I am looking for a better environment to record in.

I am playing a script and want people to press a number on their telephone keypad to enter their agreement with a given statement. How do I get their entries that they press on their telephone to be recorded in an Excel file?? is there a certain command for that and if so how do I command it? what do I type in and where?

sorry, I am a student with no funding trying to figure this out on my own.

Thank you

if it goes with the DDE within the script, where do i place DDE within the script for it to record all key presses by the caller throughout the script? (beginning end both)?

Poke data or execute command? Don't really get the clear difference between the two and which one I need?

Nevermind, figured out how to convert them to 8 bit. So, now they are working when I call into the phone line. They are bit grainy but I am looking for a better environment to record in.

OK, so sounds like the sound file format is all sorted out now.

The Excel questions are a separate topic. Have created a new topic for them here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6268