VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound A Call, Then Re-route Back When Finish

Hi all, I have just downloaded your software. However, before I start, I would like to ask you whether VG can solve one of my business problems.

I intended to use your software for our tech support guys who answer technical support calls, however, very often not all calls can be answered by the tech supports. The support guys will sometimes need to forward the phone calls to system administrator who can give more detailed explanation to the customers.

My questions are:

1. Most of time, the system administors are not on-site. Can VG forward the phone call to system admin's handphone?

2. When the system admin finished the call, can the call be automatcally re-routed back to the tech support desk?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Tim

This can be done using the "Dialout and Conference" option of the call transfer module - the call can first be connected to tech support, then by pressing a certain DTMF tone it can be re-routed to system administrator and then again can be routed back to tech support (or any other number).

Dialout and Conference can only be done with these Dialogic cards: D/41EPCI, D/41ESC, D/41JCTLS, D/120JCTLS, D/160SC-LS and all digital cards: D/240SC, D/300SC etc

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, Can I please ask how many out-bound calls this "Dialout and Conference" module can handle at the same time? When the call is re-routed back to the tech support, will it be treated as a new call?

This might be a problem because if the call is picked up by a different tech support person, he/she wouldn't have any clue about the last phone call. In other word, can the re-routed call remain in the previous 'session', so only the support person who handled the last call can continue with this call?

By the way, do you have a price list on the dialogic cards you mentioned?

Thanks so much,

Tim

Can I please ask how many out-bound calls this "Dialout and Conference" module can handle at the same time?

One at a time.

When the call is re-routed back to the tech support, will it be treated as a new call?

No. The call will be finished and the script will continue on.

By the way, do you have a price list on the dialogic cards you mentioned?

Some WWW sites where you can purchase Dialogic cards are listed on the Recommended Hardware page: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm

Can I please ask how many out-bound calls this "Dialout and Conference" module can handle at the same time?

One at a time.

Thanks very much for the clarification,

So do you mean in any one time, you can only have one 'out-bound' call?

Can one support person handle more than one incoming calls while the call is 'transferred' to the system admin?

If we have 10 incoming lines, can we have ten 'out-bound then in-bound' calls at one time?

So do you mean in any one time, you can only have one 'out-bound' call?

Each line can do only one "Dialout and Conference" call at a time.

Can one support person handle more than one incoming calls while the call is 'transferred' to the system admin?

This depends on how you design the script, but if your support person finishes one call then they will then be able to accept another call - while the call they just finished can be contacting the system admin...

If we have 10 incoming lines, can we have ten 'out-bound then in-bound' calls at one time?

If you have 10 lines this means the system will be able to support 5 calls - 1 line for incoming call and 1 line for the outgoing call going to support or system admin...