VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Bridged Call Not Released when I hang up.

Hi,

I am using VG 6.0.3386 and a Dialogic card.

When I attempt to bridge calls this is what happenes:

Bridged calls are not releasing when either party hangs up.

Call comes in to the IVR. The IVR asks the caller for a PIN

Caller enters PIN, then is asked for a destination

Caller enters destination

IVR bridge the outbound leg correctly

Call is made

When parties hangup, system does not release the call.

I tried to hold the line when the second line hangs up, I could hear what appear as the busy signal/disconnect tone.

Now, I tested to see whether the IVR is capable of detecting disconnect tones.

I used a Success Path after the Dial And Conference pointing to a Number Capture module or Play module that has an endless loop just to hold the line while callers are talking. When they hangup, the IVR system correctly detects the disconnect tones and hangs up the call. The problem with that scenario is that I get a lot of false disconnects and many calls are disconnected in the middle of the call. While if I use the Call Transfer Modue calls won't disconnect, but are not released when callers hang up.

I am attaching the log file.

0415vgm.txt

Well, no, I have not, because it seems that the default configurations is working ok with my telco because when a disconnect occurs in every module it works well and the system hangs up except the bridge call module.

Does the system drop the call when in other modules because it has detected the disconnect tone, or because the system just timed out awaiting input?

Other modules report a loop drop as the cause of terminating the call. A Play module would be in the middle of playing a voice for when it suddenly drops the call due to loop drop. I tried listening on the calls, I guess it interprets the disconnect tones as a loop drop.

In v6 to end the call on loop current drop when in the "Call Transfer" module you can either:

A: Add a path {de_lcof} pointing to a Hangup type module. eg:

on {de_lcof} goto [Name of Hangup Module]

or:

B: In VG.INI set the Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF to a value of 1

230356.07 1 event DE_LCOF, iCode=134 state=1910

230356.07 1 LsXfer_8_WaitEndCall_InLeg : 134(EV_UNKNOWN_134),DE_LCOF,0,0,0,DE_LCOF,, (iModuleIdx=24)

230356.07 1 path {de_lcof} not found

230356.09 1 loop current off ignored as current module is VGMTYPE_XFER (Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF=0)

Well, it worked. call is being released when either one of the callers hang up, but I am back to the same old problem of getting too many hangups due to loop drops.

Perhaps it is due to the fact that I am using a GSM gateway for the outgoing leg of the call. Is there anyway tocontrol the sensitivity to loop drops?

Here are the variables:

VG.INI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CallControl]

;If commented out then loop current drop on analog lines will result in end of call.

;Only works when Dialogic analog card is used.

;LoopCurrentDrop=Ignore

Config.xml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Parameter>

<Description>Minimum Loop Current off time before it is reported</Description>

<Key>DXBD_MINLCOFF</Key>

<Value>50</Value>

<Default>50</Default>

</Parameter>

I tried playing with this variable setting it to as high as 500, no use

ConfigLine.xml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Parameter>

<Description>Minimum Loop Current for Wink - The minimum time that loop current needs to be on before recognizing a wink (10 ms units)</Description>

<Notes></Notes>

<Key>DXCH_MINRWINK</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</Parameter>

<rule>

<Description>Do we send Disconnect on Loop Current Drop</Description>

<Key>SendDisconnectOnLoopCurrentDrop</Key>

<Value>1</Value>

<Default>1</Default>

</rule>

Thanks for the help.

I am back to the same old problem of getting too many hangups due to loop drops.

If the GSM gateway that you are using is dropping loop current during a call then you should contact the GSM gateway supplier and ask them why is the GSM gateway doing this.

Sometimes broken wiring or poor connections cause a break in a circuit, and hence a loop current drop as well, so you should check your wiring as well.

Is there anyway tocontrol the sensitivity to loop drops?

No. A loop current drop is like an ON/OFF switch. It is either there or is not there. The "Minimum time before loop current drop message is sent" setting (DXBD_MINLCOFF) can be used to ensure it is 'off' for a longer time before reacting to it.

<Parameter>

<Description>Minimum Loop Current off time before it is reported</Description>

<Key>DXBD_MINLCOFF</Key>

<Value>50</Value>

<Default>50</Default>

</Parameter>

It looks like as if the DXBD_MINLCOFF setting is not making much diference.

I tried playing with this variable setting it to as high as 500, no use,

and now I set it to 5000, still the same, does this make any sense. Is it possible to have a 5 seconds loop drop in the line?

I have also removed the GSM gateway and connected it to a landline, still the same.

Is it possible to have a 5 seconds loop drop in the line?

Yes. You should ask the GSM gateway supplier on how that gateway does loop current drops.

I have also removed the GSM gateway and connected it to a landline, still the same.

Is your landline also configured to do loop current drops at end of call?

So when you switched to landline you plugged a different cable into the Dialogic card, correct?

If you are still getting loop current off detections at times when call has not actaually endded then its probably best to configure VG to ignore to the loop current drop events, and just use tone detection to determine end of call.

I used to have not hanging up problem, but I could solve it, then I got hangup problem because of DE_LCOF disabled the loopcurrentdrop in vg.ini, but VG start not to hangup the calls. I have done the following to bring back the VG to previous configuration:

1. tune on and off the Diologic card.

2. deleted VG log files.

3. restart the computer

but none has bring back the VG in previous configuration.

this is the second time this problem happen to me. the first time I could solve the disconnect tone problem, (GV hangup on call on time). I try to stop the DE_DLOC. but when I got the problem again (VG didn't hangup on calls) I turn on and off the Diologic and it fix the problem. this solotion doesn't work any more.

please advice how to returns VG to previous status.

thanks

okay I fixed it some how. I am not sure what I did, but VG now can recognize the disconnect tone and hang up on call when callers hangup. I believe, I reload ConfigLine.xml again.

Hello,

I used to have hang up problem (VG didn’t hang up after caller hang upped). I keep fixed the problem ( I didn’t know how did I fixed it) , but after some time VG again start having Hang up problem.

For 2 weeks I couldn’t find out why the hang up problem is keep coming back. But today I notice, why the hang up problem coming back. If I fix the hang up problem, and then close the VG and reopen it again. The hang up problem will be occurring.

I discovered to fix the problem also. To fix the problem I used my ATA which has U.S DID number (port 15) and called on port 7 which is connected Malaysian GSM line.

When Malaysian wireless provider hang upped on VG, then VG could see the Disconnect_tone1 and it start working correctly. “15 HangupCall start (Default Handler 20: DISCONNECT_Tone1)” VG could see the DISCONNECT_Tone1.

I repeat the problem and I could duplicate the Hang up problem and the solution.

I think, when VG closed and opened, it won’t communicate with ConfigLine.xml file. Or it won’t communicate with Dialogic board to receive the disconnect file.

I have uninstalled and reinstall the VG but it didn’t help. I need to solve this problem from root. This means to find the solution that if VG opened and closed the hang up problem won’t occur.

Please see attached the log files. In this file the phone number “1111111111” and “011987116353701” are the number I used to dial on Malaysian GSM lines to fix the hang up problem.

Thanks

log.zip

Trace shows that Dialogic card did detect and report a DISCONNECT_Tone1 about 20 seconds into the call to 011987116353701 number.

134958.66 7 state dialing 011987116353701 (for conference with dxxxB4C3) iXferBridgeCallsWhen=0, sCallProgressOption=CONNECT_IMMEDIATELY (Immediately after dialing.)

135025.61 15 event DISCONNECT_Tone1, iCode=134 state=1101

Can you indicate the timestamp and telephone number of the call during this tone was not detected when it should have been?

As we have now repeatedly advised, for applications that require reliable instant end of call detection ISDN lines should be used.

thanks for replay,

in order to used the ISDN, E1, or T1 board, I need to understand the architect of system first. I am not sure how to assemble the new digital system to VG at this time. I am in search of system diagram for VoIP on internet. this project can not be implement in short time. I need to buy equipments, then assemble them install and configure VG for these new equipments and after my scripts runs without any problem with new digital equipments, then I can replace the existence analog system with the digital one.

the problem with disconnect tone is almost in control. if VG doesn't hang up, I know how fix the problem. but the question is why VG won't recognize the tone if it closed and open once?

let me repeat again, I have to dial on GSM gareway which has Malaysian SIM card and after the Malaysian telecoms hang up on VG then VG can recognize the disconnect tone. I will not have any problem with disconnect tone(VG not hang up on callers) until VG closed and open again.

thanks for your support.

Not sure how to explain what you are seeing on your system. Would not expect for Dialogic card to only start detecting a particular tone after a call is made into the system on a particular line.