VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Disable Answering Machine Detection

I saw on a post somewhere that you can disable the ansering machine detection and just 'play' the outbound message upon caller pickup. What XML tag does this or entry in an XML tag does this for an outbound call? I've noticed from a cell phone that I have to say hello several times and think it may not be a good idea for detction for the application I'm doing.

Thanks!

I saw on a post somewhere that you can disable the ansering machine detection

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm :

Script / message when an answering machine answers the call

When the call is answered by an answering machine VoiceGuide will play this message/script. Answering machines can only be detected if a Dialogic card is used.

If an answering machine is detected VoiceGuide will wait until the answering machine's welcome message finishes before starting the script/sound file specified here.

If RETRY is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will attempt dialing again if an answering machine is encountered (up to the maximum number of redials allowed).

If IGNORE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will ignore Dialogic's advice that an answering machine was detected and will just start the script/file specified in the "when a real person answers" text box.

If DISABLE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will disable Dialogic's detection of when the call has been answered.

Answering Machine detection relies on the Dialogic card listening to the first word spoken by the caller, and determining based on what it heard whether that word sounded like it was spoken by a live person answering the call, or whether that word sounded like it was spoken by an answering machine. This means that VoiceGuide needs to wait until he Dialogic cad hears the word being spoken and then advises VoiceGuide of it's decision. This incurs a delay of about a second after the first word is spoken before VoiceGuide is advised whether to play the "real person" or the "answering machine" script.

If the call is made on T1/E1 ISDN lines (and usually VoIP) VoiceGuide is able to detect the exact time at which the call has been answered. If the "Answering Machine" message option is not used then VoiceGuide will commence playing of the "Real person answered" script immediately when then handset is picked up.

just 'play' the outbound message upon caller pickup.

Only ISDN (or VoIP that can signal call answer) system can do this. On analog systems the message would start playing immedialty after the number completes dialing.

In general if you are doing outbound systems you should use ISDN lines.