VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Escalationcalls Field In Callque Table

I'm new to voiceguide and have been having pretty good success with my script but have gotten to a stumbling block when it comes to updating the callque table and the escalationcalls field. I want to be able to call another number after exhausting retries. After my retries nothing happens. I guess I'm confused on what exactly do I place in this escalationcalls field if I'm using SQL. The below SQL statement works fine. Its the last "none" where the EscalationCalls data would go where I don't know what to put in to it. Lets say I wanted to run script99 and call phone number 5551212 if the original number never answered after 3 tries, how would I replace the "none" with the right syntax. Thanks for any help you can provide and I love the software.

Scott

insert into callque (PhoneNumber,ActivateTime,DaytimeStart,daytimestop,dayscallallowed,priority,anno

uncemessage,script,OnAnswerMachine,RV,answertimeout,callretriesleft,DelayBetweenR

etries,escalationcalls) values ('$RV_CIDNUMBER',"$RV[ActivateTime]",1,2359,"MoTuWeThFrSaSu",1,"NONE","C:\script1.vgs","NONE","none",15,2,5,"none")

There should be examples of call escalation in the v5 Help file installed on your system. That is a different Help file then the online one. The online help file only has information about configuring outbound calls for v6 and v7 versions. v5 call escalation is only very basic and you cannot specify many options.

For outbound calls you should use a Dialogic card (and v7 of VoiceGuide). Only a Dialogic card can tell when the outgoing call has been answered and start playing the outgoing script automatically when the person answering the call says "Hello...".