VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using data entered in 'Get Number' module

Is it possible that I take the [ProductID] as an input from the caller using the [Get Numbers] module and then pass this value to the program (let's say an EXE) I call using the [Run Program] module so that it can query on that Product ID and return me the result.

The requirement is that the [ProductID] which needs to be passed to the [Run Module]'s needs to be modified and need to be sent as a string but in xml format let's say,

<Products>

<Medicines>

<ProductID>111111114444445555555</ProductID>

</Medicines>

</Products>

111111114444445555555 is the product ID which the caller will input in the [GetNumber] module. The above xml is only an example and can have much text or tags than it currently has.

Also along with the [ProductID], we may ask to input another number let's say [PinNumber] and this may also be required in the above xml string.

But the format of the above xml string would be fixed, means predefined and only the input values need to be updated.

please suggest how is it possible.

The data entered in the Get Numbers module can be used in other modules using Result Variables.

From: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...odgetnumber.htm :

Result Variables

Two RVs are created by the module:

$RV[moduleTitle]

Stores the characters entered by caller.

$RV[moduleTitle_PathTaken]

Stores which path was taken when exiting the module. This could be "success", "fail", "Timeout", "*" or the entered number if the exact path match was made.

Also read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ltvariables.htm

The attached script shows you how to do what you requested.

example.vgs