VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip And Samsung Officeserv 500

Hi All,

I am interested in using VG with our Samsung Officeserv 500. We currently use VOIP with a MGI gateway card installed in the Samsung PBX. Is this possible? If so, what would the Config.xml look like?

On a side note: I have always been under the impression that Samsung did not offer SIP. But I see they do have some configuration available for SIP.

When you say "or configure the PBX to send calls to VoiceGuide's IP address." Do you mean VG can act a a SIP server?

Do you mean VG can act a a SIP server?

No. You cannot register with VoiceGuide. (but VoiceGuide can register itself with other SIP server).

"configure the PBX to send calls to VoiceGuide's IP address" meant that if you can setup PBX to make a SIP call to a specified IP address (VoiceGuide's IP) the VoiceGuide will answer those calls, even if it has not explicitly registered itself.

Ok... That makes more sense.

So I did some checking with Samsung, and it appears there is a new software version for our PBX that allows SIP. However, you have to purchase SIP licenses and they are quite expensive and it seems nobody is doing it. So it appears while you may be able to do SIP, we may look into something different, which leads me to a few questions:

1) Say we purchase a Brooktrout card and hard wire it to several analog PBX extensions. From what I understand, VG will let me configure each port on the card to do different IVR scripts... correct?

2) If #1 is true, I assume if I needed VG to handle several calls (for a particular IVR script), I would need to make a hunt group for inbound calls to span several extensions? If a port is busy, does VG do something special with the caller (can I be alerted that I am receiving too many calls for and people are not able to hit the IVR) or are they just going to get a busy signal? I can set up whatever on the PBX but I am unsure what VG does (i.e. busy signal, put them in a queue... etc).

3) Since VG will be connected a PBX extension, I would assume all PBX functions would be available in VG scripting (i.e. call transfer). Would I be limited in any way?

Say we purchase a Brooktrout card and hard wire it to several analog PBX extensions.

VoiceGuide does not support Brooktrout. You will need to purchase a Dialogic card. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm

From what I understand, VG will let me configure each port on the card to do different IVR scripts... correct?

Yes. Each line can be assigned a different starting script .This is done in the Config.xml file.

I would need to make a hunt group for inbound calls to span several extensions?

Yes.

If a port is busy, does VG do something special with the caller (can I be alerted that I am receiving too many calls for and people are not able to hit the IVR) or are they just going to get a busy signal?

If a port if busy VG does not see any new call attempt on this port. Just like you would not know if somebody else is calling you when you are talking on the phone (unless you have some special 'call waiting' notification service enabled on this line). PBX would know whether a particular port is currently busy and select another in a hunt group or follow whatever rules you have configured in the PBX.

Since VG will be connected a PBX extension, I would assume all PBX functions would be available in VG scripting (i.e. call transfer). Would I be limited in any way?

You will be able to do hookflash call transfers just like you would be able to do them when answering the call yourself using an analog phone connected to that line.