VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfers Not Working

I am using a 480JCT Card on a T1 line with ISDN Protocol. Basically during a transfer I hear the DTMF digits and then it hangs up on me.

I have tried the following:

1. Blind, Monitored, and Announced PBX Transfers - all with the same result

2. Been here http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...lltransfers.htm

3. Tried adding the following setting to my Config.xml file with 10,50,100,and 100 - no noticable change

<SetParm>

<Description>Flash time during dialing (10ms units)</Description>

<Key>DXBD_FLASHTM</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</SetParm>

4. I have been told by the Telephony company that the lines do support PBX transfers

5. I have tried adding commas in front of the number

6. I have tried a play module with ,3036141227, - same result

I am attaching a zip file with all of the logs, my config file, the vg.ini file, and my vg script.

Thank you in advance

vg.zip

I have been told by the Telephony company that the lines do support PBX transfers

Yes. ISDN lines do not support hookflash transfers. A hookflash transfer is something that can only be done on analog lines.

You will need to use "Dial and Conference" transfers on ISDN lines.

Is there any way to do a transfer with ISDN that does not utilize 2 lines for the entire length of the transferred call?

Thank you

Is there any way to do a transfer with ISDN that does not utilize 2 lines for the entire length of the transferred call?

Usually no. But there are exceptions. eg: The ISDN QSIG protocol has an option that allows for this. You should confirm with you PBX/Switch supplier if they implement this option, or if they have perhaps implemented some other option that allows a call transfer command to be issued.

Qwest implemented the "2 B Channel Transfer" feature on these lines to allow 2 bridged lines to be merged to 1 after the transfer is made. However when using the Dialout and Conference transfer (either blind, monitored, or announced), the transfer still uses 2 lines for the entire length of the call. They tell me that they are expecting a "FACILITY MESSAGE" to be sent to them in order to initiate the "2BCT". Is there a way to configure VoiceGuide to send this information?

VoiceGuide can be modified to send required facility messages.

We'd need specific low level details of the facility message required by your Telco.

It's be best if we could be supplied with an ISDN level trace capturing the facility message. This should be able to be obtained from your Telco.

The ISDN trace attached did not include any Facility Messages.

Please supply a trace which captures both the call legs setup, and the facility messages and the responses from the Telco to the facility messages.

As mentioned before this trace should be obtained form the Telco - unless you have some other equipment that can currently do the 2BCT on that Telco's lines and you can perform a trace on the T1 lines used by that equipment...

Attached trace does not seem to show any facility messages.

Have you looked through the trace? It captures 2-3 standard/normal calls with the SETUP, CALL PROCEEDING, ALERTING, CONNECT, CONNECT ACKNOWLEDGE, DISCONNECT, RELEASE and RELEASE COMPLETE messages. No facility messages are captured in that trace.

There is even some sort of a note (hand typed?) attached at the bottom of the file:

The message that is missing is:

Q.931 Call Control Message

Message Type FACILITY

Serv Discrim Supplementary Serv

PDU Component Begins (hex)

[the hex has the info in it to join the two calls in the CO]

This message is sent by the equipment invoking the 2 B-Channel Transfer.

The hand typed part at the bottom is just info to pass along to you. They tell me that no facility messages are in the trace because they are not bieng sent from VoiceGuide.

We need a trace that captures the facility message.

To capture the facility message the trace should be done on a line and with equipment that sends the facility message...

The trace needs to show what a system (the system that is doing the 2BCT) sends to the QWest switch so that we know what the QWest switches need to be sent to perform the 2BCT...

To capture such a trace Telco need to do the trace on lines and equipment that does the 2BCT, and not on lines/equipment that does not do the 2BCT...

Qwest sent me the 2 attached file with the following message:

Attached are two documents from Sept 2005.

The first document (236KB) shows the calls beginning to end: in setup and connect, out setup and connect, Facility (the 2 B channel transfer) disconnects and Notify (when the transferred call ended).

The second document just has the Facility message in it. (the 2 B channel transfer)

Hope this helps!

Thank you

SKMBT_60009031919230.pdf

SKMBT_60009031919231.pdf

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com and in email include link to this forum thread.