VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide V7.0.7 With Dialogic Card Stopped Working

Hi,

I installed a dialogic card D/41JCT-LS with SR6.0 in my system (Intel C2Duo 2.6 GHZ, 2GB Ram, and Win XP Pro SP2)

Then downloaded and installed VoiceGuide v7.0.7. I started VG, initialized the Line Status monitor and was able to see the 4 dialogic cards waiting for calls.

I opened the VG Outbound Call Loader, entered my phone number, uploaded a simple VGS test script, configured the date and time for the call to be made via line 1, and then loaded the phone number into the default DB in order to execute the call.

Over the past day and until this afternoon everything seemed to be working fine, I was able to place a few outbound calls during my test. Without changing anything, I stopped and restarted VG (once I exceeded the 10 phone call limit of the Demo Version). I purged the Outbound Call Loader, then loaded my phone numbers again, used the same test script as I used before, together with the same date and time configurations. Now VG is not placing any Outbound calls, could you please provide me with some pointers on this issue?

I uploaded the log files and the dialogic its_sysinfo files, please see attachements.

thanks,

-r

Log.zip

its_sysinfo.zip

Please .ZIP up and post the vgDb.vdb3 file from VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory.

What do you mean by "I purged the Outbound Call Loader," ?

Another thing to do to get better tracing of the dialer database searches would be to set the VoiceGuide trace level to 20 in the VG.INI [Log] section. Then restart VG and let it run for a minute or so to get the traces of it searching the DB for new calls, and then stop VG and post that vgEngine trace (.ZIPed)

I zipped and attached the vgDb.vdb3 per the earlier request.

By "purging" I meant flushing out old rows from the callque table, so from the outbound call loader I executed a delete SQL command in order to remove older entries (previous attempts) from the callque table.

As requested I raised VG's trace level to 20, restarted VG's service, ran the outbound call process, and attached a fresh batch of the system logs.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

-r

vgDb.zip

Log.zip

This problem is caused by you only deleting calls from CallQue table and not deleting them from PortToUse table as well. So what happens is that VG first finds entry in PortToUse, and then does not find corresponding entry in CallQue table, so call is not made.

To delete all entries from both CallQue and PortToUse tables you should use:

DELETE FROM CallQue; DELETE FROM PortToUse;

Simplest way to just start from scratch is to stop VG, delete vgDb.vdb3 and then start VG again.

If you are going to issue SQL statements direct to the database or otherwise manage the database yourself directly then please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...rnal_config.htm

BTW. The SQL you use: delete * from callque is incorrect, and even if you remove the * it still does not delete the PortToUse entries.

Fantastic, that worked...:) I went ahead and stopped VG, deleted the vgDb.vdb3, started VG again, popped the telephone number in the loader and viola!

thanks for the support!

I was not aware of the PortToUse table, I just noticed the online help, section for external databases was redone, at least from the last time I glanced at that section.

Eventually, my production roll out will be to a SQL Server 2005, with that in mind the following statement from the online help file caught my eye:

"Scheduling information is still included in the CallQue table as there is an option of turning off the PortToUse table use altogether if there is no need to limit the ports on which the calls can be made. "

The system that we'll be rolling out will be for outbound calls, I plan not to place any restrictions with regards to the ports to be used to make the calls (let the next out call go to the next available line), from the above it sounds like I should be able to rely solely on the Callque table without the need of the PortToUse table, correct? Are there any special steps to be made to enable the Callque table to make the external calls directly?

-r

Are there any special steps to be made to enable the Callque table to make the external calls directly?

This should be achieved by specifying NONE in the <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> field in Config.xml

Like this

<Dialer>

<OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>System.Data.SqlClient</OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>

<OutDialQue_Database>vgDb</OutDialQue_Database>

<OutDialQue_ConnectString>Data Source=10.1.1.9,1433;Database=$DATABASE;User ID=sa;Password=asdfg;</OutDialQue_ConnectString>

<OutDialQue_SqlPrefix></OutDialQue_SqlPrefix>

<OutDialQue_SqlSuffix></OutDialQue_SqlSuffix>

<OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>NONE</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>

</Dialer>

Then VoiceGuide will only read call information from CallQue and ignore PortToUse contents.

Before I proceed to implement the SQL tables, could you please clarify the following?

• If I don’t use the PortToUse table as suggested, in Callque schema I noticed that abscense of the “sLineSelection” field which was used in an older Callque schema. Not using the PortToUse should work for me for 95% of the time, as I don’t plan not to specify lines *however, in the rare event that I have the need to specify the lines to place the calls, how would this be accomplished when the PortToUse is not enabled?
  • Is the following alternative valid? Leave active the PortToUse table and leave the confirm.xml to its default values. When inserting an outbound call directly to the Callque table I won’t specify a line to use (there is no field in the Callque schema to hold this value) - Will the system default to using the next available line automatically? If yes, then would this be a better approach when making calls on the next available line, than changing the config.xml to not use the PortToUse table, correct?
  • I looked at VoiceGuide’s file DB_Creqate.sql and wondered - What are the defaults values for fields that I don’t plan to use in the V7 Callque table (Null, 0 or -1)? For example, if I insert calls directly and plan to use just a few of fields from the table and leave NULL other fields such as <ActivateTime> , <TimeStart_(day x)>, <TimeStop_(day x)> fields set to Null, would these fields be ignore and the calls be placed immediately? In the Online Help the field values are explained in the context of the Out Dial Input file - VoiceGuide v7 ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm ), however, it is not clear to me what are the default values from looking in the section “External Database Source (v7)” ( http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...rnal_config.htm ), or should I assume that the values listed in the diallistinto.htm apply to the dial_vgdb_external_config.htm?

If I don’t use the PortToUse table as suggested, in Callque schema I noticed that abscense of the “sLineSelection” field which was used in an older Callque schema. Not using the PortToUse should work for me for 95% of the time, as I don’t plan not to specify lines *however, in the rare event that I have the need to specify the lines to place the calls, how would this be accomplished when the PortToUse is not enabled?

To re-enable port selection on calls you would need to delete <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>NONE</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> from Config.xml and restart VoiceGuide. If PortToUse is enabled then any calls in CallQue without a corresponding PortToUse entry/entries would not be made.

Is the following alternative valid? Leave active the PortToUse table and leave the confirm.xml to its default values. When inserting an outbound call directly to the Callque table I won’t specify a line to use (there is no field in the Callque schema to hold this value) - Will the system default to using the next available line automatically? If yes, then would this be a better approach when making calls on the next available line, than changing the config.xml to not use the PortToUse table, correct?

You need to make an entry in PortToUse table. As per instructions in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...rnal_config.htm

I looked at VoiceGuide’s file DB_Creqate.sql and wondered - What are the defaults values for fields that I don’t plan to use in the V7 Callque table (Null, 0 or -1)?

Default values are not specified by the CREATE TABLE commands currently issued at database creation time. (see the \System\setup\Db_Create_*.sql files) If you are inserting the calls yourself directly into the DB then at this stage we'd recommend you specify all columns with valid values (some can be empty string). You could of course modify the table definitions to setup appropriate default values as well. Leaving Activate Time and TimeStart_(day x), TimeStop_(day x) fields at NULL may result in call not being made.