VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Log For Outgoing Calls

Hi

I would like to know how to log all the outgoing calls in a DB table what ever the result of the call and be able to define the status of each call entry

- Ansered

- Busy

- not ansered

I can start a script but only when the call is ansered which is not always the case. Using the *.txt log provided files if not very easy

tkx

Mh

In v7 you can specify a VBScript to run every time the outgoing call is not answered (timeout/busy/etc). This would allow you to log (to your own custom DB) the not answered calls from that script, and log the answered calls from the "OnHumanAnswer" and the "OnAnsweringMachineAnswer" scripts.

Also in V7 all outgoing calls have a CDR record created for every outgoing call. The CDR contains a lot more information then the v6 .txt files.

In v7 you can specify a VBScript to run every time the outgoing call is not answered (timeout/busy/etc). This would allow you to log (to your own custom DB) the not answered calls from that script, and log the answered calls from the "OnHumanAnswer" and the "OnAnsweringMachineAnswer" scripts.

Also in V7 all outgoing calls have a CDR record created for every outgoing call. The CDR contains a lot more information then the v6 .txt files.

OK thanks As I have not installed the 7.0, how can I access to the CDR? can I make some sql requests on it. what the CDR format, (DB table ? text file ?)

Tkx

MH

Forget My last message.

I'm not familiar with the vdb3 format database. I would like to add entries in that db using VB. can you help in the basaic connection codes to access this database ?

Current access strings :

"Set Db = OpenDatabase("C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\OutDialQue.vdb3", False, False, ";pwd=password")

Set rec = Db.OpenRecordset("CallQue", dbOpenDynaset)"

Tkx

what the CDR format, (DB table ? text file ?)

By default CDRs are saved in a text file, but you can specify for them to be saved in a database as well. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/log_cdrs.htm

I'm not familiar with the vdb3 format database. I would like to add entries in that db using VB. can you help in the basic connection codes to access this database ?

You will need to download VistaDB to be able to do this from your own software. Please see: http://www.vistadb.net/