VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Power Dialer

Which is the correct way of assembling the xml file to prepare a power dialer, because in the help file he says a way, but when we see the fact that it he assembles for fault the application "Telephone number load", they are very different in his structures. And the names of the files are very differents.

Look at the example:

This is the file generated by the application "Telephone number load"

your name is "vgDialListLoadConfig.xml"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<clsConfigDialListLoad xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<textPhoneNumbers>6205656

8421742</textPhoneNumbers>

<textPhoneNumbersFile />

<checkRandomize>false</checkRandomize>

<textPhoneNumberPrefix>787</textPhoneNumberPrefix>

<textDoNotCallListFile />

<textCampaignName>pepono</textCampaignName>

<textScriptAnswerLive>C:\Archivos de programa\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Local\BalanceAcciones.vgs</textScriptAnswerLive>

<textScriptAnswerMachine>C:\Archivos de programa\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Local\BalanceNAVI.vgs</textScriptAnswerMachine>

<textScriptOnNotAnswered />

<textScriptRetriesExhausted />

<datetimeStartCalls>2008-05-22T01:12:38.265625-03:00</datetimeStartCalls>

<textAnswerTimeout>60</textAnswerTimeout>

<textRetriesCount>2</textRetriesCount>

<textRetriesDelay>10</textRetriesDelay>

<datetimeDailyDialWindowStart>2008-04-15T00:01:00</datetimeDailyDialWindowStart>

<datetimeDailyDialWindowStop>2008-04-15T12:15:00</datetimeDailyDialWindowStop>

<checkMon>true</checkMon>

<checkTue>true</checkTue>

<checkWed>true</checkWed>

<checkThu>true</checkThu>

<checkFri>true</checkFri>

<checkSat>false</checkSat>

<checkSun>false</checkSun>

<textLineSelection />

<iCallPriority>0</iCallPriority>

<textRVs />

<textCallOptions />

<sDbOutDialQue_Fname>C:\Archivos de programa\VoiceGuide\data\OutDialQue.vdb3</sDbOutDialQue_Fname>

<textSqlCommand />

</clsConfigDialListLoad>

And this one is the file that is specified in the help.

The name that should take this file according to the help is (in VG7) "OutDial_New" and have the ".xml" suffix.

Eg: OutDial_New_080521175323a.xml"

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>sPhoneNumber</PhoneNumber>

<PhoneNumberPrefix>sPhoneNumberPrefix</PhoneNumberPrefix>

<ActivateTime>sCallTime</ActivateTime>

<DayTimeStart>sDayTimeStart</DayTimeStart>

<DayTimeStop>sDayTimeStop</DayTimeStop>

<DaysCallAllowed>sDaysCallAllowed</DaysCallAllowed>

<LineSelection>sLineSelection</LineSelection>

<CampaignName>sCampaignName</CampaignName>

<Priority>iPriority</Priority>

<OnAnswerLive>sOnAnswerLive</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>sOnAnswerMachine</OnAnswerMachine>

<OnNotAnswered>sOnNotAnswered</OnNotAnswered>

<OnRetriesExhausted>sOnRetriesExhausted</OnRetriesExhausted>

<AnswerTimeout>iAnswerTimeout</AnswerTimeout>

<RetriesLeft>iRetriesLeft</RetriesLeft>

<RetriesDelay>iRetriesDelay</RetriesDelay>

<RV>sRV</RV>

<CallOptions>sCallOptions</CallOptions>

<Escalation>

sEscalation

</Escalation>

</OutDialEntry>

The structures and the names of these files are very different.

So, i have any questions.

1) Which is the correct form to create this xml file?

2) If the correct form was "OutDial_New".

a) Why the example shows one name of file "OutDial_New", and another name "OutDial_New_080521175323a.xml"?

B) Wherefrom I obtain the number ultimately "080521175323a" in the second file?

Thanks

The "vgDialListLoadConfig.xml" file is a configuration file for the 'Telephone Number Loader' application. It is not a file that gets loaded by the dialer.

If you want to load numbers to be dialed using the XML file approach then you need to use the 'OutDial_New' files.

a) Why the example shows one name of file "OutDial_New", and another name "OutDial_New_080521175323a.xml"?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm : In v7 of VoiceGuide the filename must begin with "OutDial_New" and have the ".xml" suffix. Eg: OutDial_New_080521175323a.xml

So the OutDial_New_080521175323a.xml is a valid name, as it begins with "OutDial_New" and has the ".xml" suffix.

This approach allows you to create multiple files (from possible multiple sources) at the same time and ensure all calls are read in. If there was only one filename then it would be possible to have situations where a newly created file can overwrite last file before it has a chance to be read in.

The files are read in every second.

B) Wherefrom I obtain the number ultimately "080521175323a" in the second file?

Its just something random used for the demo (it's actually a timestamp in the YYMMDDHHNNSS format).

For high volume dialing you would probably want to insert calls direct into the database, instead of loading them individually using the XML file approach (or COM etc).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

You say:

"For high volume dialing you would probably want to insert calls direct into the database, instead of loading them individually using the XML file approach (or COM etc)"

I have a great volume of called to do, and the numbers are stored in a database.

I have an application that administers these numbers to calling, in agreement to a criterion that is established before.

All these numbers are stored in a table of the database, and all this process is done in automatic form (without intervention of the users).

1) Then, how it VG does to read every number to calling from the database?

2) How I him specify to VG the parameters that he needs to do called without the file XML?

3) How VG knows that number to read to call, at what time, in what days, and other parameters?

Using external data sources for outbound calls is described here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialque_odbc.htm

The above help file entry describes how to setup a table in your database that VoiceGuide can then read the call information out of.

What database do you use?

I'm using SQL Server 2005.

But, how VG does to do the calls, to where I have to pass the information of telephonic numbers that I recover of the database.

To a module?

To a vgs script?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialque_odbc.htm :

2. Specify the connection string to the new database using entry OutDialQue_ODBC_ConnectString in VG.INI file, in section [VGDialer].

If the connect string is specified VoiceGuide will on startup connect to the database specified in the connect string and VoiceGuide will start making calls whenever any entry in that database’s OutDial table is ready to dial.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialque_odbc.htm :

2. Specify the connection string to the new database using entry OutDialQue_ODBC_ConnectString in VG.INI file, in section [VGDialer].

If the connect string is specified VoiceGuide will on startup connect to the database specified in the connect string and VoiceGuide will start making calls whenever any entry in that database’s OutDial table is ready to dial.

Yes, I understand it, but which and how it is the order that I have to give to VG for reads this table and begins makings calls.

Dont forget that this system does called automatic, without intervention of any user.

So, how starts VG to making calls

how it is the order that I have to give to VG for reads this table and begins makings calls.

Nothing else is needed. Just place the call entry into the database and VoiceGuide will immediately read it out of there and make the call.

how it is the order that I have to give to VG for reads this table and begins makings calls.

Nothing else is needed. Just place the call entry into the database and VoiceGuide will immediately read it out of there and make the call.

Ok, now yes I understand it.

I have 3 questions of the fields of this table.

1) ID field: I can use any numerical value, for example an autonumber?

2) PhoneNumberPrefix field: How I have save the records in this field if I need to dial 2 telephonic prefixes for every number. Example, I have dial 9 to obtain external line, and 787 it is the area code.

I save them separated by comma? Eg: '9,787'

I need to add a comma ultimately in order that VG should put it in front of the telephone number? Eg: '9,787,'

3) When you say "VoiceGuide will immediately read the database and make the call."

But it he is going to respect the parameters corresponding to days of so called, schedules, quantity of retries, etc (all the values stored in the fields of the table), or it he will begin to call immediately?

1) ID field: I can use any numerical value, for example an autonumber?

Yes. ID field is meant to be an 'Autonumber'.

2) PhoneNumberPrefix field: How I have save the records in this field if I need to dial 2 telephonic prefixes for every number. Example, I have dial 9 to obtain external line, and 787 it is the area code.

I save them separated by comma? Eg: '9,787'

I need to add a comma ultimately in order that VG should put it in front of the telephone number? Eg: '9,787,'

Then place this in the prefix field:

VoiceGuide just concatenates the two fields and dials the resulting merged number.

3) When you say "VoiceGuide will immediately read the database and make the call."

But it he is going to respect the parameters corresponding to days of so called, schedules, quantity of retries, etc (all the values stored in the fields of the table), or it he will begin to call immediately?

The scheduling, days etc are looked at and the call is only be made when it is valid to make the call.

The system we are using it to do campaigns of marketing. We need to do a relation with another table of our database.

1) I can add a field to the table CallQue, or make relationship with another table?

2) I can add PK to an existing field of the table CallQue, or add index (example: PK with ID and CampaignName fields)?

Then, since we are going to do many campaigns we are going to have many records. (probably one campaign per day with 500 telephones for each of them).

How it he does VG to identify that what number of telephone belongs to what campaign?

Example:

I have a campaign (A) created on Monday with 500 numbers, and this campaign is configurated to call on Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thu, and on Friday.

I have an other campaign (B) created on Wednesday with 500 numbers, and this campaign is configurated to call on Wednesday, Thu, and on Friday, of the same week of A.

3) Then, on Wednesday VG will continue calling those who remain from the campaign A, and it he will begin with the numbers of the B?

4) Or it give for finished to A, and it begins with the B?

1) I can add a field to the table CallQue, or make relationship with another table?

Yes, you can add fields to the table. VoiceGuide will not mind.

2) I can add PK to an existing field of the table CallQue, or add index (example: PK with ID and CampaignName fields)?

Yes.

How it he does VG to identify that what number of telephone belongs to what campaign?

One of the fields is labeled as Campaign. It is designed to store the Campaign name. This is more for your own management of calls, to let you easily issue an SQL statement to for example change call priority for all calls in a certain campaign.

3) Then, on Wednesday VG will continue calling those who remain from the campaign A, and it he will begin with the numbers of the B?

VoiceGuide does not look at campaign name when retrieving the calls. Use the Priority field if you want some calls to be made before others.

4) Or it give for finished to A, and it begins with the B?

It A has higher priority then B then all calls in A will get made before B. If A and B have same priority then calls may get blended - depends on how your DB returns results.

Then, how it he does VG to know when all the calls were made.

Example, look this campaign

Qty telephone numbers = 500, and every number has these parameters:

ActivationTime = 05/26/2008 10:00

DayTimeStart = 11:00

DayTimeStop = 17:00

DaysCallAllowed = MoTuWeThFr

RetriesLeft = 3

Prirority = 1

At the end of Monday, it is probable that it he has not finished doing 500 calls, since the schedule of work is from 11 to 17 and have a Retriesleft of each telephonic number of 3. Let's suppose that it he did 100 calls on Monday.

Tuesday it he is going to begin to call the 400 remaining ones, or it he begin again from the beginning and It he will do all the Mondays calls again?

Tuesday it he is going to begin to call the 400 remaining ones, or it he begin again from the beginning and It he will do all the Mondays calls again?

No. When the call is answered the call entry it is removed from the database table altogether.