VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Does Not Hangup After Pabx Changed

Hi.............

The main hospital pabx has been changed last weekend and we now are experiencing a problem with VG for TAPI.

Scripts continue to run fine as long as the caller completes the script and the script does the hangup.

But if the caller decides to hangup before completing the script then VG does not hangup the line and the line remains engaged.

Have attached logs from yesterday. Problem was experienced around 9:30am (and again later in day).

I would appreciate some guidance on where to troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you.

Regards...............Vincent

VG27.zip

Hi.............

Our Voiceguide software still is experiencing the hang-up problem, even after using PBXpert to retrain the Dialogic card.

I have been working with the NEC engineer but have not been successful in nailing our problem.

I have attached logs from before and after the PABX changeover. Others available too of course.

Symptom is basically that VG does not manage to preform the hangup successfully, altho looking at the log it does seem to detect it. If I physically pull the phone line out of the Dialogic card whilst VG is in its timeout loop, then VG completes the script immediately as expected.

Using VG for TAPI 5.2.5049 Professional.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Regards.............Vincent Ball

z0314vgm.txt

16369_0411vgm.txt

The same advice that we provided before still stands. It’s best to record the disconnect tone and look at it as per instructions provided here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

Sounds like the new PVBX is not doing loop current drop at the end of the call. You should have the PBX drop the loop current if it can as this is the most reliable and immediate way of indicating end of call on analog lines.

Hi.............

Our Voiceguide software still is experiencing the hang-up problem, even after using PBXpert to retrain the Dialogic card.

I have been working with the NEC engineer but have not been successful in nailing our problem.

Howdy,

I'm the NEC engineer tech that was tasked with trying to resolve Vincent's issue & can confirm that the problem was resolved today. Indeed, it was a just a matter of configuring the 'Disc Tone 1' tab in the Dialogic TAPI driver with the correct settings - which are:

Freq1: 425

Freq1 dev: 25

Freq2: 0

Freq2 dev: 0

On time: 37

On time dev: 5

Off time: 37

Off time dev: 5

Repetition count: 2

The same advice that we provided before still stands. It's best to record the disconnect tone and look at it as per instructions provided here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

Initially, when I read the Detecting End Of Call guide, I couldn't work out where to find the Configuration Service for the Dialogic TSP. Although I eventually found it & resolved the issue, I decided to re-read sections of the guide & found that some clarification would be beneficial to the reader.

I note that under System Configuration -> Installing v5.x - Dialogic -> Configure Dialogic TSP, there is an entry:

'Win2000/XP: Open Control Panel's "Phone and Modem Options" applet, select the Advanced tab, select the Dialogic Service Provider and then click Configure:

May I suggest the same info be added with the following image in the Detecting End Of Call guide to minimise uncertainty for the uninitiated -

wnddlgctspconfig_disctone428hz.gif

A second suggestion if I may is to either duplicate or move the two thread links under the DTMF Disconnect tones sub-heading to the Determining the Disconnect tone frequency and cadence sub-heading.

Since I didn't suspect my issue to be DTMF related, I omitted following those links only to realise now that those links were actually relevant to the issue I was diagnosing.

FYI & the benefit of other forum users, I've recently stumbled across a website containing telephone Service & Progress tones for numerous countries which can be found at - http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-se...y=&cadence=

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info but have found it a useful resource nonetheless.

Cheers for now,

-TB1

Thanks for letting us know that you have been able to resolve disconnect issue by setting the tone definition.

Thanks for the suggestions and the links provided as well, we'll look at modifying the Help file to assist future users.

Please note that in general we would recommend for new users to use VoiceGuide v7 with Dialogic cards. Dialogic has discontinued the TAPI drivers for it's cards a number of years ago.

You will receive much better sound quality when using VG v7 then when using VG v5 which is meant for TAPI devices only.