VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tts Engine / Change Voice

Hi, I have problems to change the default Voice to use in VoiceGuide 7, I bought 2 new Voices from TextAloud (Paulina and Javier) both are in Mexican Spanish Language.

VoiceGuide runs in WindowsXP, but I can't change the default Voice in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl, always appears a message that says "The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select and/or a different audio device".

When I installed TextAloud, it came with an application that runs very well, I can test the default Voices (Microsoft) and the new voices (Paulina, Javier).

There is another way to set into VoiceGuide the default Voice to use?

Into the vg.ini there is a section [sAPI], and I think that in the TTSEngine parameter I can change the voice

[sAPI]

;Which of the SAPI Engines VoiceGuide should use to do TTS

TTSEngine=

TTSspeed=0

TTSvolume=100

Please tell me what can I do to use my new Voice.

Thanks

Thanks, finally I can change the Voice in the VG.INI, I used ...

TTSEngine=ScanSoft Paulina_Full_22kHz

Is Mexican Spanish Voice from TextAloud product, this product have a tool to save Text to WAV files, and into the Script Designer I used mix: Wav files and TextToSpeech engine.

The Wav files and TTS sounds different, TTS is slow, it sound like when I tested Paulina with the default settings in sapi.cpl, normal but I need a little bit of speed in the pronunciation.

I modified the another 2 parameters into the VG.INI but does not work.

;TTSspeed range is -10 to 10. 0 is default speed

TTSspeed=10

;TTSvolume range is 0 to 100. 100 is max volume

TTSvolume=100

After this I tested using TXT file with XML format into the "Play sound file" control, for example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<speak version="1.0" xml:lang="en-US" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/synthesis">

<p>Gracias <prosody rate="fast" volume="10">por llamar a pica</prosody></p>

</speak>

But does not work too. The VG translate the TXT file, but it sound normal(slow) and without volume change.

When I used rate="-10%" like the example into http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-speech-synthesis-20020405/#S2.2, the IVR Engine fail and the Service Stopped.

Some suggestion??

Thanks.

The TTS engine probably does not support the tags that you are trying to use. Please refer to the TT engine manual to see what tags/options the TTS engine supports.

The TTS engine probably does not support the tags that you are trying to use. Please refer to the TT engine manual to see what tags/options the TTS engine supports.

Does anyone know where to go to find file: sapi.cpl? I am trying to change my TTS voice to ATT&T Crystal but I do not know what to name it in the VG.ini file.

"The name after the "TTSEngine=" should be specified as it is displayed in the sapi.cpl"

Thanks,

Brad

Does anyone know where to go to find file: sapi.cpl?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_tts.htm :

If the Speech applet show above cannot be seen in the Control Panel then it can be found in this location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl

I am trying to change my TTS voice to ATT&T Crystal but I do not know what to name it in the VG.ini file.

You can also see the ktTts log file for the correct name. The names of all installed TTS engines are listed in that log file at startup.