VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Line Drop And Sometime Can Not Hear Play Out

I face a serious issue that, a lot of testing call is drop half way, and sometime, the confirmation voice is not played.

Would appreciate if can help to solve this issue.

I have the log file during the test.

Thanks

Kevin

Log1119.zip

This system seems to be wired up incorrectly.

When a call arrives multiple ports receive the ringing simultaneously.

A quick search shows that you had this wiring problem on this system beforehand: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5230

You will need to fix the wiring on this system to ensure that each Dialogic card port is attached to a separate phone line.

Not wiring the ports properly will lead to calls hanging up midway through the call or another port answering calls midway though call as well etc...

230804.70 2 tw ring 1

230804.72 1 tw ring 1

230907.52 2 tw ring 1

230907.53 1 tw ring 1

Thanks very much for your reply.

I am talking to wire man to rewire.

And I also have one issue, is

I can transfer to another extension, but the user pickup the handset, need to wait for 3-5 second, then the voice can appear, and that time, the caller still listening to music.

Is there any thing I am missing when config the software or that is also cause by the wire problem ?

Thanks & Best Regards

What type of transfer is being performed? Monitored Hookflash?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the call transfer, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Deaer Support Team

Thanks for the help, I think we almost there.

After I change the line setup, I solve previous issue, all lines can pickup immediately (no need to wait)

I record the log in the attachment.

But today after line change I have a few issues like

1. Sometime the line still cut off sometime

2.1 The monitored transfer will take around 3-4 second between pickup and voice apprearing

2.2 There is onetime, when I press 3 to transfer the line, instead of hearing the music immediately, I here the sound ka-ka, then the line is cut off

(this also log inside)

3. In my previous call log, It seems that sometime the confirmation voice and datetime playing is not aprear. (but not this time)

Appreciate any help, and

btw, I am glad to know that a nearby company also using your solution to track information.

Kevin

1122.zip

Additionally,

the telephone technician, comments on the delay when transfer the call, he mention he can not adjust any more, as from extension to extension transfer is immediate, he told me possible to adjust some timer or timing in the software.

sometime monitored transfer take too long, or just hang them, keep on listening music instead of revert back to voice prompt.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Sometime the line still cut off sometime

Most likely this is due to false "Disconnect" tone detections. You should ensure that the Disconnect tone is specified to match the one used on your phone system and if you have false disconnect tone detection then reduce the frequency and cadence variance allowed in the tone definition to reduce the incidence of false Disconnect tone detections.

2.1 The monitored transfer will take around 3-4 second between pickup and voice apprearing

When doing a 'Monitored' transfer the Dialogic card will listen for the person answering the call to say "Hello" - only after the "Hello" is heard will the transfer be made. Note that the person being transferred will not hear that Hello - which is the main reason why Monitored Transfers are rarely used.

If the person answering the call does not say anything after picking up the handset the transfer will not be made.

It's better to use Blind transfers if your PBX supports it, or best to use "Dial and Conference" transfers - the caller can then hear the other extension ring and can hear the person answering the call say "Hello".

Dear Support Team

Thanks very much for the help. There is good improvement, the voice become stable and line can pickup fast now.

I change to blind transfer, can pickup and here immediately.

But when I test the the tracking program, I happend to have 3 times cut off, I also attach todays

log and my config files, would appreciate if can advice how toi further adjust.

Thanks

1123.zip

We would need to know which call/time we should be looking at. Please advise at what time the issue happened and we can then see what the trace file shows for that call.

Most sudden hangups on analog systems are usually caused by the Dialogic card falsely detecting the "Disconnect" tone, and adjusting the "Disconnect" tone settings usually rectifies this.

Ultimately to get reliable end of call detection on analog systems you would need to use the Loop Current Drop approach, as tone detection is always open to falsely detecting some speech as a disconnect tone.

Dear Supporteam

After some adjustment, we launch the system, most of the transfer function and tracking function is work properly.

Still sometime, when the tracking halfway the line cut off like before.

Understand need to adjust the disconnect tone setup, may I know how to adjust the disconnect tone frequency and based on which kind of values.

Thanks for any help.

Dear Support Team

I follow your links got a lot more info, but still do not know how to set

I use the pbexpert and got the following values

F1 F2 On Off

Dial Tone 429 +/- 40 429 +/- 40

Ring Back 391 +/- 56 469 +/- 40 23-+/-200 1590 +/- 1400

Busy 422 +/- 40 422 +/- 40 730 +/- 40 750 +/- 60

Reorder 429 +/- 40 429 +/- 40 520 +/- 40 490 +/- 40

Disconnect 0/0

also this is my configline.xml

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>500</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>200</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>525</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>175</Freq2Dev>

<On>55</On>

<OnDev>40</OnDev>

<Off>55</Off>

<OffDev>40</OffDev>

<Count>4</Count>

</Tone>

Is there any thing can change to my profile of line ?

Thanks very much

Dear Support Team

What I can say, every step I was guided, I learn a lot of things, I use the guideline and try to record the disconect tone, my result will be

I will retest to make sure, it is working, I also attach, if you have time, kindly help to verify.

Thanks very very much.

kevin

dtone2.wav

Probably use something like this to start:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>425</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>75</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>75</Off>

<OffDev>10</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

and then raise the number of "Count" and decrease the "Dev" settings till you have something that still works.

Increasing "Count" and decreasing "Dev" lowers the likelihood of false detection of tone during Play/Record.

Dear Support Team

Thanks very much.

I will change and monitor until it is reponse perfectly.

Thanks

Kevin