VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialer Not Dialing Number In Outdial Queue

I have a VB application that loads numbers into the outdial queue via the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method. I can see the numbers are loaded ok, I think. OK well there are no errors thrown. The strange thing is that it will dial sometimes but not all the time. It will almost always dial when I first launch the application then. It is like it only dials 1 number then will not dial any more. Attached is the MDB, and the log from yesterday. There was an issue w/ the database connection but it is resolved and the problem was taking place before that. I know enough about voiceguide to be utterly dangerous so any help would be appreciated.

013932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

013932.47 0 sys cleanup End

020932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

020932.47 0 sys cleanup End

023932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

023932.47 0 sys cleanup End

030932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

030932.47 0 sys cleanup End

033932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

033932.47 0 sys cleanup End

040932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

040932.47 0 sys cleanup End

043932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

043932.47 0 sys cleanup End

050932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

050932.47 0 sys cleanup End

053932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

053932.47 0 sys cleanup End

060932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

060932.47 0 sys cleanup End

063932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

063932.47 0 sys cleanup End

070932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

070932.47 0 sys cleanup End

073932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

073932.47 0 sys cleanup End

075237.48 0 cl Dialer_OutDialQueAdd 541-485-8449, 710181000, 900, 0, ThFr, [dxxxB1C3], 1, , C:\Projects\DialsIVR\english_call1.vgs, C:\Projects\DialsIVR\answering_machine.vgs, [userID]{31}, 20, 1, 120, , ,

075237.48 0 dial DialListDB_AddCall '541-485-8449', 710181000, 900, 0, ThFr, dxxxB1C3, 1, , C:\Projects\DialsIVR\english_call1.vgs, C:\Projects\DialsIVR\answering_machine.vgs, [userID]{31}, 20, 1, 120, , none ESCALATION:

075727.36 load start [C:\Projects\AsthmaIVR\english_call1_content.vgs]

075727.36 MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [5]

075727.67 load end

075727.67 loaded Script Id 5: C:\Projects\AsthmaIVR\english_call1_content.vgs

075727.67 0 Erasing Script (new loaded) Id 4

075727.69 0 VgsScriptFree [4]

075727.69 MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [4]

075905.69 load start [C:\Projects\AsthmaIVR\english_call1_content.vgs]

075905.69 MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [4]

075906.05 load end

075906.05 loaded Script Id 4: C:\Projects\AsthmaIVR\english_call1_content.vgs

075906.05 0 Erasing Script (new loaded) Id 5

075906.05 0 VgsScriptFree [5]

075906.05 MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [5]

080932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

080932.47 0 sys cleanup End

083932.47 0 sys cleanup Start

083932.47 0 sys cleanup End

084006.73 1 tw DialogicEvent 134,TDX_CST,192,0,0,DE_TONEON,DISCONNECT_TAPI1,

084006.73 1 event DISCONNECT_TAPI1, iCode=134 state=900

084006.73 1 LsAwaitingCalls EV_UNKNOWN_134

084006.73 1 HangupCall start (Default Handler 20: DISCONNECT_TAPI1)

084006.73 1 already IDLE. HangupCall ignored.

084006.73 1 init atidle reinit : start

084006.73 1 init atidle reinit iConferenceOtherLegLid=-1

084006.75 1 init atidle reinit : reset all LineState variables

084006.75 1 timer set 2 EV_TIMEOUT_AFTERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

084006.75 1 state Waiting for a call...

084006.75 1 event TDX_CST, iCode=134 state=900

084006.75 1 LsAwaitingCalls EV_UNKNOWN_134

084008.92 1 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_AFTERIDLE_ALLOWOUT

084008.92 1 event EV_TIMEOUT_AFTERIDLE_ALLOWOUT, iCode=9013 state=900

084008.92 1 setting iDialoutReadyToDialout=1

OutDialQue.zip

Which version of VoiceGuide is installed on this system?

I have 6.0.3186 installed

Please update to the latest 6.x version available from our WWW and provide trace form that new version if you continue to encounter problems.

Please update to the latest 6.x version available from our WWW and provide trace form that new version if you continue to encounter problems.

I updated it and it now has a 6 second pause before the audio starts when it answers a call. It also rings forever on a call out. It calls out then starts playing the script without the other end answering then just rings and rings.... argh. I uninstalled the newest version 6 and went back to the other version for now. Any other suggestions?

it now has a 6 second pause before the audio starts when it answers a call.

I think that this system is using Analog lines for outbound calls. On Analog lines the Dialogic card listens for person answering the call to say something (eg "Hello"). When it hears a human voice then it reports the call as answered.

If a call is answered and nothing is spoken into the handset then the Dialogic card thinks the call is still ringing. Only when the Dialogic card realizes that no more ringing is heard on the line then it decides that the call must have been answered as the ringing went away.

I suspect that in the tests you did the person answering the call did not say 'Hello' when answering the call.

If a call is made using VoIP or T1/E1 ISDN lines then VoiceGuide is informed of call answer immediately when the handset is picked up.

It calls out then starts playing the script without the other end answering then just rings and rings.... argh.

Sounds like the Ringback detection was not configured. On Analog lines the Dialogic card needs to know what the ringback tone sounds like so that it knows what to listen for to determine that the outbound call is still ringing.

If the Dialogic card cannot hear the ringing within about 10-15 seconds of dialing out then it assumes the call was answered immediately without the line even beginnig to ring, and so reports the call as connected.

See:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tcallanswer.htm

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm

I was actually calling in when there is a 6 second pause.

Also, attached is a recording of when the program dials out. Can you help me discover the proper setting for my particular system?

4858449_1021_133607.zip

It should be easy to see what happened there. Do you have any traces capturing incoming calls?

Have you tried using Audacity or other tools as per description here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm to determine the frequency/cadence of the ringback signal?

I don't have the logs anymore I deleted them because I re-installed the older version back again. Did the newer version of 6 address an issue with incoming calls not hearing the first part of a script? Because I had to add .5 seconds of silence to the beginning of all my scripts that play when someone calls in to address that issue. I may be crazy. Also I did download audacity and got some numbers from it. I could not get any numbers that work for me so I think I was doing something wrong. I was wondering of you could look at thte file, then tell me what you see and I can then reverse engineer what you found to see what I did wrong and use the number you find to help me figure it out for the future. On Monday, I will re-install the new version of 6 again and hopefully it will work for me.

It should be easy to see what happened there. Do you have any traces capturing incoming calls?

Have you tried using Audacity or other tools as per description here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ctiondetect.htm to determine the frequency/cadence of the ringback signal?

Also,

I just reinstalled the newest version of 6 and found that if I have a 1/2 second .wav file of silence at the beginning of the script to play when someone calls in that it stalls for 6 seconds and if I remove the 1/2 second .wav file it cuts off the first bit of the script. So I added a new play module to the beginning of the script and just added a timeout to it to forward it to the old first play module and it works fine now. So I am going to stick w/ the newest version of 6 and see if it helps the dial out issue I had in the first place.

Looks like the phone company/system that connects the call does not connect the circuit's voice path immediately after VoiceGuide answers the call. This would explain why the caller cannot hear the fist sounds the VoiceGuide plays after answering the call.

As for the 6 second pause: can you post some traces? From your explanation of what you are doing it sounds like you are using a separate play module to play the silence, but you have not setup that module to immediately branch to next module after it finishes playing silence.

Please post traces and your script if you would like us to have a look at this and advise what you can to fix this.

Looks like the phone company/system that connects the call does not connect the circuit's voice path immediately after VoiceGuide answers the call. This would explain why the caller cannot hear the fist sounds the VoiceGuide plays after answering the call.

As for the 6 second pause: can you post some traces? From your explanation of what you are doing it sounds like you are using a separate play module to play the silence, but you have not setup that module to immediately branch to next module after it finishes playing silence.

Please post traces and your script if you would like us to have a look at this and advise what you can to fix this.

In order to get around the issue I added a new module, a play module that timeout after 1 second and simply goes to the next module 'on {timeout 1} goto [N01f01c]' . I used to have a 1/2 second .wav file in the first module seperated by a comma from the first voice .wav file, like this: 'audio\E\half_second.wav,audio\E\N01f01c.wav" and when I installed the newer version of 6 it gave me almost 6 seconds of silence for some odd reason but works fine in the old version. When I removed it then it cut off the first bit of audio. So I added the additional play module and it works fine now. I changed the script back to the way it was and ran it then changed to to the way it works now. I have the log attached.

1022vgm.txt

Unfortunately after all this I am still having the original problem of it not dialing numbers in the queue database

In second approach you are not actually playing the 'audio\E\half_second.wav' file, the starting module does not play anything and after timeout it branches to next module.

At this stage it looks most likely that the 'audio\E\half_second.wav' file is actually 6 seconds long...

To confirm this we'd need to see the actual file and also the "tw" trace from VoiceGuide.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces, the VoiceGuide script used, and the sound file.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Unfortunately after all this I am still having the original problem of it not dialing numbers in the queue database

Please post the trace capturing the startup and the call loading.

At this stage it looks most likely that the 'audio\E\half_second.wav' file is actually 6 seconds long...

To confirm this we'd need to see the actual file and also the "tw" trace from VoiceGuide.

It really is 1/2 second. It's attached.

All the other stuff is also attached. I added the database, but changed the phone numbers so you can see it too.

1022vgm.zip

Looking at the half_second.wav file we can see that it is recorded in a 44kHz Stereo format. Please change the format of the half_second.wav file to be the same as format of the other sound files used on the system and you should then see that the file plays for the correct length of time.

Trace logs from 22nd October shows that the 6 calls loaded using Dialer_OutDialQueAdd at 12:45pm were all dialed out.

The activation time of these loaded calls ranged from 710220300 till 710221230 - all of which were past time by 12:45pm, so all calls were dialed.

The log from 23 October shows calls loaded at 7:54am and 8:14am.

The activation time of these loaded calls ranged from 710231830 till 710231500 - all of which were in future, so no calls were dialed immediately.

The trace does not show any activity after the last call was loaded (not even the regular half-hourly "cleanup" task) so it looks like the trace was copied/zipped before the time of the first scheduled call came around.

I suspect that you actually want to have the calls dialed immediately after loading them. (?)

In this case it's easiest to just set the activation time to be 0. This will result in calls being marked as ready for immediate dialout.

We'd recommend first loading your calls set to dial out immediately, and once you familiarized yourself with system operation then start using the call scheduling/activation options.

Looking at the half_second.wav file we can see that it is recorded in a 44kHz Stereo format. Please change the format of the half_second.wav file to be the same as format of the other sound files used on the system and you should then see that the file plays for the correct length of time.

you know what you got me there. oops sorry. The guy who compresses the audio for me told me he may have not compressed it right. sorry about that but thanks for identifying it for me.

We'd recommend first loading your calls set to dial out immediately, and once you familiarized yourself with system operation then start using the call scheduling/activation options.

OK but this is something else. I was bad about the audio thing but this dial out thing is something else entirely. Let me explain in detail what I am doing.

I suspect that you actually want to have the calls dialed immediately after loading them. (?)

In this case it's easiest to just set the activation time to be 0. This will result in calls being marked as ready for immediate dialout.

I do not want the calls to run immediately. I want to load the queue 1 time a day and then let voice guide do it's thing. I also tried setting the activate time to 0 before and the Time Start to the time I wanted the call to be made, no dice.

Each Night I run a scheduled task, a vb.net program, and first empty out dial queue then I look into my database (mysql) and get the calls that need to go out for the day, OutDialQue.mdb attached 'queue_db_fail.zip' . All calls have a time they need to go out, since the people we call sign up for the calls and indicate the time they want called. I add them to the out dial queue using Dialer_OutDialQueAdd I specify the time for the call to go out and a time not to call before, which is 1 minute before the activate time. If a user wants to be called at 1200 then the activate time is 710241200 and the Time Start would be specified as 1159 which this is 1 minute before the activate time. I first thought that setting the activate time and the time start the same was causing my problems but I changed it to this way and the issue persists.

I physically ran the program this morning as little after 7 and then sat here and watched it not dial when it was supposed to. So the thing did not dial the queued numbers, attached log(s) 'no_dial.zip'. I then re-ran it at 9:08, after a queued number was supposed to be dialed and it dialed it, also attached logs 'dialed_after.zip'.

I am at a total loss here. If I am screwing it up somehow please identify it but I am fairly certain there is some underlying issue here.

Thanks!

no_dial.zip

dialed_after.zip

queu_db_fail.zip

Is the attached queu_db_fail.zip file containing the OutDialQue database as it was after the load that was done at 7:12AM ?

The timestamp on the OutDialQue seems to be 8:35AM (on the 24th).

Is the attached queu_db_fail.zip file containing the OutDialQue database as it was after the load that was done at 7:12AM ?

The timestamp on the OutDialQue seems to be 8:35AM (on the 24th).

it is exactly as it was after the load @ 7:12

We are getting errors when we try to view the OutDialQue table in that DB ("Not a Valid Bookmark" error). Can you open that file OK in MS Access?

We are getting errors when we try to view the OutDialQue table in that DB ("Not a Valid Bookmark" error). Can you open that file OK in MS Access?

Yeah, I can open it just fine. Here it is again.

OutDialQue.zip

Still cannot open the attached database file.

Please download this new version of VG6: [old link removed]

and after installing it set the VoiceGuide log level to 11.

This will result in database related tracing being logged to the vgm log file.

Please repeat the test as before with the loading of the 5 outgoing calls before and after the first dialout time and post the logs as before.

I attach a small app which lets you view the log files in real-time as they are being appended to.

WinTail.zip

First Off here is the database, and the logs from when I load the database.

I'll attached the one for after it dials/ or not the first number

OutDialQue.zip

It dialed this time, of course, Figures but none the less here are the logs and the database.

The forward scheduled dialouts did not fail on our test systems either.

Maybe the fact that we could not open the attached database is somehow connected to this. If we could not open the database maybe VoiceGuide was unable to read any information form it either?

The new logging show what exactly VoiceGuide can see in the database, so this should assist in tracing this problem.

Please keep running the traces and post them if this problem occurs again on this system.

Maybe the fact that we could not open the attached database is somehow connected to this. If we could not open the database maybe VoiceGuide was unable to read any information form it either?

The new logging show what exactly VoiceGuide can see in the database, so this should assist in tracing this problem.

Please keep running the traces and post them if this problem occurs again on this system.

Here is a log. I can see it is querying the database but not dialing the numbers. I took the query and narrows it down to the activate time... I guess. All of the number in the database were to be dialied @ 8:30 but they were not.

thanks

1026sw.zip

Here is a log. I can see it is querying the database but not dialing the numbers. I took the query and narrows it down to the activate time... I guess. All of the number in the database were to be dialied @ 8:30 but they were not.

thanks

SELECT ID, PhoneNumber, ActivateTime, DayTimeStart, DayTimeStop, DaysCallAllowed, LineSelection, Priority, AnnounceMessage, Script, OnAnswerMachine, RV, AnswerTimeout, CallRetriesLeft, DelayBetweenRetries, OnNotConnected, Options, EscalationCalls FROM CallQue

WHERE ((ActivateTime <= 710261016) ) AND ((DayTimeStart <= 1016) ) AND

((DayTimeStop > 1016) OR (DayTimeStop=0)) AND ((CallRetriesLeft >= 0) OR (CallRetriesLeft IS NULL)) AND ((DaysCallAllowed = "") OR (DaysCallAllowed = " ") OR (DaysCallAllowed IS NULL) OR (DaysCallAllowed LIKE "*Fr*")) ORDER BY Priority, ID

This seems to get what I want out. Looking at the query it seems that when asking if DayTimeStop IS NULL kills the query with no Error.

it seems that when asking if DayTimeStop IS NULL kills the query with no Error.

That would suggest a problem with the MSAccess' processing of the SQL commands...

v6.0.3379 has been modified to not include any "IS NULL" checks within the SQL command.

Please see if this version reliably retrieves data from MSAccess.

[old link removed]

NB. VoiceGuide v7 uses a different internal database (VistaDB).