VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg 7, Dialer_outdialqueadd Execution Error

Hi Team,

I attempted to insert a phone entry into VistaDB:CallQue table by executing the following Dialer_OutDialQueAdd script:

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "8007314444",0,0,800,2000,"","","","","c:\sendinfo\InfoMenu.vgs", "c:\sendinfo\CallBackDetails.wav","","","",0,2,0,"",""

set vg = Nothing

I get the following error:

---------------------------

Windows Script Host

Script: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\VocalicoUserJobs\OutDialQueAdd.vbs

Line: 2

Char: 1

Error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd'

Code: 800A01C2

Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

OK

Please note that the above error also occurs if I try the Version 7 script example listed at

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "ext1002@10.1.1.4", "", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "", 1, "c:\sendinfo\InfoMenu.vgs", "c:\sendinfo\CallBackDetails.wav", "", "", 90, 2, 5, "", "", ""

set vg = Nothing

My set up consists of XP SP2 and VG 7. I counted the number of arguments to be passed in and checked default values to be passed, but the error persists. Is there a param that is not listed on the online help file?

Also, note that while troubleshooting the above error, I used the Dial List Load v7.0.2825.25527 and noticed that if you placed a telephone number in the “Phone Numbers” input box and click the Dial List Load - Help button; it adds a phone number to the CallQue, instead of bringing up the help file.

Thanks,

Ralph

Please download the latest v7 available from our WWW now. This newest version has the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd updates to read the new fields correctly

Here is another working example (in addition to one available at http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm ) :

iRet = vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd("5551234", "", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "myCampaignName", 1, "c:\myOnAnswerLive.vgs", "c:\myOnAnswerMachine.vgs", "c:\myOnNotAnswered.vgs", "c:\myOnRetriesExhausted.vgs", 0, 2, 5, "", "", "")

We have also added a new section "Out Dial file - VoiceGuide v7" in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm

It shows the correct OutDial XML input file which is to be used with v7.

Are you making the outbound calls over VoIP?

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Please download the latest v7 available from our WWW now. This newest version has the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd updates to read the new fields correctly

Here is another working example (in addition to one available at http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm ) :

iRet = vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd("5551234", "", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "myCampaignName", 1, "c:\myOnAnswerLive.vgs", "c:\myOnAnswerMachine.vgs", "c:\myOnNotAnswered.vgs", "c:\myOnRetriesExhausted.vgs", 0, 2, 5, "", "", "")

We have also added a new section "Out Dial file - VoiceGuide v7" in http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm

It shows the correct OutDial XML input file which is to be used with v7.

Are you making the outbound calls over VoIP?

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Hi,

I downloaded what I assume is the latest version of VG 7 from the site (VoiceGuide_7.0.3), I mentioned assume, because the version (7.0.3) did not change from the previous build I downloaded, however, I windiff the package against the installed one and it does show a newer date and a larger install file size (old = 19,344 KB and new = 19,382 KB).

The new vgDialListLoad.exe generates a persistent application crash error and makes it unusable. The crash invokes the SmartAssembly reporting service (I sent a few errors your way via the reporting mechanism).

To answer your alternate question, yes, my goal is to make outbound calls over VOIP, which I have not been able to make due to the error with the outbound loader. I tried using the Dialer_MakeCall method (which bypasses the OutboundQue DB) to place single calls, but without any luck either. HMP is running correctly with the provisional license, so its possible that the VOIP configuration values I added to config.xml are not the correct ones, which I find odd because I am able to to successfully place test VOIP calls using X-Lite (which use similar settings as VG) while using the Free trial account setting from www.SIPDiscount.com.

I'll be more than glad to send my current version of config.xml, but not to confuse your dev/test folks with the issues/bugs, IMO - we may want to first flush the current build issue mentioned above (vgDialListLoad.exe crash), to then move into the VOIP calling failures - your call(?).

When the new build is ready could you please send me the pointer to the .exe at raf.figuero@gmail.com?

Thanks,

Ralph

The working version of vgDialListLoad.exe can be downloaded here:

[old link removed]

Main download has been updated as well.

the vgDialListLoad issue should not have been affecting the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM command and the XML file loading.

Are you able to load outgoing calls using Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM command or the XML file approach?

If you have problems registering a VoIP line with www.SIPDiscount.com then please start a new thread for that issue and post your Config.xml in that thread. A WireShark trace may be useful as well to trace the VoIP registration problem.

The version vgDialListLoad you provided above launches as expected, no more crashes = thanks!

I am still not able to insert a phone entry into VistaDB:CallQue table via the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd. The script I used this time are the ones support suggested on this thread, see entry on Oct 8 2007, 01:33 AM, Post #3. To move things along I attached a zip with the vbs scripts (one of the .vbs is based on the params as listed on the post itself and the other is a literal copy of the VG7 sample from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...dialqueadd.htm)

About the VOIP reg. issue, will do, I will kick start a separate thread on that, as suggested.

OutDialQueAdd_vbs.zip

I just tried an experiment, and it seems that the entry that was submitted via the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd makes it to the VistaDB:CallQue table. However, when issuing a Select * from CallQue only the entries entered directly by the vgDialListLoad directly are listed, if I then enter an entry via the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd method and run the same select statement the new Dialer_Out.. entry is not listed on the resultset. If at that time I enter yet another phone number via vgDialListLoad, and run the select statement then the new vgDialListLoad entry is shown again, but noticed that the id numbering squence skips the ID belonging to the entry from Dialer_OutDialQueAdd.

Why would the "select * from CallQue" not show all the entries?

Can you please post the vgEngine trace from VoiceGuide. This will show us what happened to the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd call.

Please do not quote the entire previous post in the reply - this lead to copies of entire posts being repeated over and over.

In the provided trace we can see repeated:

001541.578 11 3 WARN Evaluation time expired. VoiceGuide needs to be restarted to continue.

001541.578 11 3 rvns add [OutDial_Result]{NoDialer}

The evaluation version of VoiceGuide needs restarting every hour. Just restart the service using the service monitor app in the icon tray and you should see outgoing calls being made.

Please also note that the evaluation version is limited to the number of outgoing calls it can make before restarting. Only up to around 10 calls can be made after restart.

There was another issue that we found separately - only one outgoing call was being made in the evaluation version unless the secondary ODBC source was defined for the OutDialQue. This has now been fixed and the latest version available from our WWW includes that fix.

Thank you for all the hard work on this issue and for the clarifications regarding the restart cycle and the number of outgoing calls allowed with the eval version.

I will download the latest version and will post back info on my regression pass once its installed.

Ralph

I downloaded the latest VG 7 version and loaded calls via the .vbs file (Com interface), successfully! Great Job team!

Again, many thanks for all the hard work you put into resolving this issue.

Ralph