VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg 7 Questions

1) I tried to use a script from v6, but it never answered the call and showed a hangup in the line status. I noticed the Script Designer versions are the same so I would figure that the scripts would be interchangeable?

2) I created a simple script for testing that plays a sound file. The sound file itself works fine on v6, but here it plays about a second of sound, then plays a long pause as if the sound is muted, and then continues. I have tried several sound files with the same result. So the sound file says: "To hear purchase requirements, press 1. If you....." What you hear is "To hear purchase____________press 1. If you...."

3) I notice on the line status monitor that when I hang up, the system is not immediately recognizing the hang up and instead waits until the script times out. I figure this must be because the disconnect tone is not being recognized? How do I ensure VG is programmed with the correct disconnect tone.

I am attaching the kttel log file.

0830_ktTel.txt

I have played around with PBXpert and it fails to detect the ring and disconnect tones.

I have used the suggestions at http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...0current%20drop and they have not worked.

I am attaching the sound file I recorded when I disconnected from the system. Perhaps I calculated the settings incorrectly?

I figured:

- <Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>622</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>200</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>175</Freq2Dev>

<On>25</On>

<OnDev>40</OnDev>

<Off>25</Off>

<OffDev>40</OffDev>

<Count>4</Count>

</Tone>

I have compared configline files from my other system (v6 for Dialogic) and they are identical and running off the same PBX. I do not know why this one would not work.

record.wav

2) I created a simple script for testing that plays a sound file. The sound file itself works fine on v6, but here it plays about a second of sound, then plays a long pause as if the sound is muted, and then continues. I have tried several sound files with the same result. So the sound file says: "To hear purchase requirements, press 1. If you....." What you hear is "To hear purchase____________press 1. If you...."

Could you please post the sound file used. Does this happen with any other sound files?

Did you install v7 on the same system as v6 is using, or is v7 installed on another system?

Did PBXpert work for you beforehand?

I have attached the sound file, please remove it when you have finished downloading it. I have also had the same results with other files I have tried.

v6 has never been installed on this machine, that is running on the other server.

I have never tried to use PBXpert before-- on the other system, the default settings worked fine for me.

Could you please post the sound file used. Does this happen with any other sound files?

Did you install v7 on the same system as v6 is using, or is v7 installed on another system?

Did PBXpert work for you beforehand?

100.wav

We were able to play the attached file on both the Dialogic Analog card (D/4PCIU) based system and on the HMP VoIP/SIP system with no problems. The entire file played with no issues.

The ktTel trace does show that a lot of DTMF tones is sent to the system about 1-2 second after the call is answered - most likely you have Inband Signaling enabled on the extension line which is plugged into this Dialogic card, and the system (your PBX?) that is sending Inband Signaling DTMF tones disconnects the voice path while it sends DTMF tones.

That is the most likely explanation if you are getting silence near the beginning of first sound file played regardless of the sound file.

From the ktTel trace:

144609.260 1504 001 fn LineAnswerCall(PID=1, sXMLOptions=)

144609.854 1504 001 fn PlayStart(iLineId=1, sFileList=,D:\Sounds\APL\100.wav, sXMLOptions=, lActionKeysEnabled=0)

144610.994 1504 001 raise ev dtmf 9

144611.166 1504 001 raise ev dtmf 1

144611.338 1504 001 raise ev dtmf 2

144611.510 1504 001 raise ev dtmf 4

144611.682 1504 001 raise ev dtmf 3

144618.291 1504 001 raise ev dtmf d

144632.307 1504 001 ev TDX_PLAY (Play Completed)

I'd recommend trying different phone lines on this system, preferably normal Telco provided lines instead of some PBX extension that is strangely configured.

The recorded tone probably requires something like this to be detected:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>480</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>620</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>25</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>25</Off>

<OffDev>10</OffDev>

<Count>2</Count>

</Tone>

But the PBXpert should be able to create the TSF file as well... you may want to speak with the Dialoic card supplier about this as if the PBXpert does not work then there may be an issue with tone detection on that card...

The 91243 signal is coming from my extension-- the signal to the voicemail extensions (not VG) that ext. 243 is checking messages. That explains that.

I will try some more testing today. Thanks for the disconnect settings.