VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Queries On Setup

I have just downloaded VG and have a few queries regarding the product.

There have been two problems with elements of the software being trapped as viruses.

vgmulti.exe immediately got quarantined by viruschaser as infected and incurable.

when I eventually retrieved it, and trying to start the program in trial mode, vgdialer.exe gets trapped as spyware (adware.snackman)

None of the sample scripts will run as it says I do not have the appropriate licence to run them

(using a modemblaster voice modem)

The basic concept of the system seems it will do what I want it to do ( query, enter and retrieve data from an access daabase)

my question is, how do I try this out without registering it ?

Which version of VoiceGuide did you download? Did you download it from our WWW?

We did not get any other reports from anyone else that such problems are detected on their systems.

Did the viruschaser app report both problems?

Do you have another virus checker to reconfirm if the actual .exe is infected or is this a false alarm from viruschaser?

You should be able to run all the sample scripts provided - that's why they are supplied as samples.

The default demo script is the Credit Card Payment script - did you try using it?

Can you post the screenshot of the actual message that you are seeing on the system?

I downloaded from your website,

Viruschaser impounded vgmulti, no other av's I have complained about it

spywarenuker objected to vgdialler

the download is 5.2.5049

is the correct way to start the prog with the configuration wizard ?, it's v5.2.1007

vgmulti says 4.9.0.1

thanks

this old version of IPB is a pain, no post edit facility and a 10 minute delay to add any reply :( arrrrgggh

anyway, it's 2am here so going to bed, will look here again tomorrow :)

Just downloaded v5.2.5049 from our WWW and installed it onto our test computer here.

Then ran the online scan from VirusChaser's website to check both the VoiceGuide directory and the boot sector and memory as well and it came up clear. See attached screenshot.

Ran Adaware with latest update and it did not raise any problems either.

is the correct way to start the prog with the configuration wizard ?, it's v5.2.1007
Yes. The Config Wizard version is v5.2.1007.

vgmulti says 4.9.0.1
So look like you have installed v4.9 of VoiceGuide on your system (from some other source...) It's probably that download from some other download source that is the cause of your virus infection... The vgMulti.exe which comes with v5.2.5049 download is v5.2.5049 - again see attached screenshot.

post-3-1171937917_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171938202_thumb.jpg

Ah, good morning ! - getting a bit further !

uninstalled everything, downloaded a fresh copy and installed it.

Now get to get it running but reports that the modem is 'unavailable', under system info it lists the modem on com1 and 'answer mode' = 'not available' (creative modem blaster v92 serial)

does it need a config command sending to it ?, I have tried taking to it with a simple terminal prog (Mitty) and it won't auto-answer, I have been searching the hayes command set and ats32=5 doesn't seem to affect it, just sits there reporting RING RING RING !

any knowledge on this one please ?

Now get to get it running but reports that the modem is 'unavailable', under system info it lists the modem on com1 and 'answer mode' = 'not available' (creative modem blaster v92 serial)
Looks like the modem you are trying is not voice capable...

Youn should buy a Dialogic card. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm

bit OTT for a trial though !

think I've got another 56k jobby which will auto-answer so will give that a try first

thanks for the help

just wondering, if the modem is reporting RING RING RING, why VG doesn't issue an ATA command to answer it ? - is there any way of doing this ?

not had time to check out the other modem yet, but I know that answers as I have it answering dtmf diallers

If the modem drivers report that the modem does not support Voice functions then VoiceGuide will not open/use that modem.