VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic D/480jct

I've been looking through documentation and searching the forum with no luck, so I thought I'd post here.

I have an 8 channel license, and was running on two analog Dialogic D/4PCI. We've decided to upgrade out analog lines to a non-ISDN T1. We plan on keeping one Dialogic D/4PCI in the system as board ID0 (and using just two ports on it) and adding a D/480JCT (I've manually set the board ID to 1 on this card)... Until everything is running smoothly, I plan on only using 6 channels of the T1, with plenty of room to grow as needed. The T1 framing format is ESF. The line coding is B8ZS. Inbound signaling is ICOPNOP (there is no outbound calling), and I believe the protocol is NI2. With the lack of documentation, I can find absolutely nothing on how to set up the "Channels" portion of Config.xml. Anyone have any ideas? (I looked at the sample config for 24 port T1. It did not help clarify the situation.)

For the analog card, each channel looks similar to this (with the C1 incremented for each port):

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C1</NetworkIf>

<Protocol>pdk_na_an_io</Protocol>

<RingsBeforeAnswer>0</RingsBeforeAnswer>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\SAM Program\Main.vgs</Script>

<ConfigLine></ConfigLine>

<AllowDialOut>0</AllowDialOut>

<PopupCallerId>0</PopupCallerId>

<RV></RV>

</Channel>

I assume Name is used for the display, whereas NetworkIf actually identifies the board and channel. I can't figure out how the T1 board is supposed to be identified, not how to configure the parameters. The analog boards were a piece of cake...

The Dialogic drivers order the dxxx resources across the cards.

If the D/4PCI is ID0 then it's dxxx ports would be dxxxB1C1 to dxxB1C4, and then the D/480 dxxx resources would be numbered dxxxB2C1 onwards.

There are 4 dxxx resources per dxxx board - so when yo reach dxxxB2C4 the next dxxx resource is dxxxB3C1

If you could post VoiceGuide's tw trace capturing the software startup VoiceGuide reports what resources are on the system and what type of card the resources belong to.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VG.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

NI2 is an ISDN protocol. You should double check with the telephone company which provided the T1 line as to how this line is configured.

ISDN is highly preferable able over "Robbed Bit"/"CAS".

Not sure which log file you needed, so I zipped up both with today's timestamp.

While ISDN may be preferable to "Robbed Bit," the phone company offered us a better deal on the later.

If you could tell me where to configure the line coding, framing, protocol, etc, along with the allowed values for each, I'd be able to do the rest of the configuration myself. I can find no documentation on it beyond a few sample configuration files that don't make themselves clear.

logs.zip

If you could tell me where to configure the line coding, framing, protocol, etc, along with the allowed values for each,

This is all done on the Dialogic driver level. Have look at file springware_config_win_v1.pdf in C:\Program Files\Dialogic\doc\pdffiles

The Dialogic card supplier should know what settings are appropriate for the Robbed Bit lines supplied by phone companies in your local area.

Looks like the analog card is the first card - so config XML relevant entries would look something like this:

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C1</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

[two <Channel> entries ommited]

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C4</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C4</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB2C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T1</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB2C2</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T2</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB2C3</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T3</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB2C4</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T4</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB3C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T5</NetworkIf>

</Channel>

and so on...

When I add a single channel for the D/480JCT card using the example you gave, I get an error message. I defined the channel:

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB2C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dtiB1T1</NetworkIf>

<RingsBeforeAnswer>0</RingsBeforeAnswer>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\SAM Program\Main.vgs</Script>

<ConfigLine></ConfigLine>

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

<PopupCallerId>0</PopupCallerId>

<RV></RV>

</Channel>

And I get the error message on screen when VoiceGuide loads:

err gc gc_OpenEx(:N_dtiB1T1:P_pdk_na_an_io) error (openin

I've zipped up the same two logs as before. Any further help is greatly appreciated.

logs.zip

Please make a system summary file using the sys_infoDNA.exe or its_sysinfo.exe program (see in directory: C:\Program Files\Dialogic\bin) and .ZIP up and post the resulting file.

Neither of those executables exists on my system.

Which version of Dialogic System Release Drivers is installed on this system?

Also, is the T1 line plugged into the 'First' T1 port on the system and is the LED for that port 'Green'?

Please post a DIR listing of "C:\Program Files\Dialogic\bin"

As a minimum the SR5.1.1 drivers with SP1 should be used. The Global Call protocols must be installed as well. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm and http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/InstallDialogic.htm.

We recommend that SR6.0 be used with the digital systems, as it has a number of fixes over SR5.1.1 and additional tools which makes the setup easier.

The T1 line must also be plugged into the 'First' T1 port on the system and is the LED for that port must be Green.