VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pciuf Misidentified As D/41jct

I have decided to upgrade my voiceguide application to use multiple lines. I go with the D/4PCIUF card. PCIU would be fine but who knows if the fax functions might be useful. It's nice to have options. Anyway, following the voiceguide instructions, I installed Intel System Release 5.1.1 (absolutely nothing came with the card). I'm running XP Pro.

I pointed the "Found New Hardware" wiz to \DRVR\ and it identifies the card as the D/41JCT. No other options. Fine, maybe this is normal. Proceed to DCM and the card is not detected.

The rotary switch on the card is set to 1. Changed PCI slots and no effect. I have not purchased & installed FP1 yet as this step comes later in the instructions and I assume that I should at least be able to use the DCM by this point.

Has anyone had this problem before? Shouldn't the new hardware wizard be identifying this board by the name D/4PCIUF?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm :

D/4PCIU & D/4PCIUF cards require either the Feature Pack 1 add-on for SR5.1.1 drivers, or the SR5.1.1 SP1 with D4PCIU support add-on.

See: http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...11SP1/index.htm

If you still have problems after installing above then it's best to contact the Dialogic reseller from where this cad was purchased and advise them of what you are seeing on your system and ask them to resolve the problem.

Yep, that did it. Thank you very much. You people sure know your stuff.

Just FYI, the D/4PCIUF is detected as D/41JCT in the device manager. However everything else follows the voiceguide directions to the letter.

Thanks again.

It does not matter what the card is detected as (or even if it is at all listed) in Windows's Device manager.

If however the card is misidentified in the Dialogic's Configuration Manager (DCM) you may want to try to delete the misidentified entry and add the appropriate card manually. (If all is working fine however then you may just want to leave things as they are)

I am having the same problem but with a D4PCIU, the same stuff, the device manager states a D41JCT card but not working properly.

And the DCM won´t work and states <<The procedure entry point RNCM_GetThirdPartyDeviceBusCaps could not be located in the dynamic link library RNCMapi.dll>>.

You guys know what can I do?

Thanks!

Erick