VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Credit Card Charging

I would like to setup a system, where I can sell Event Tickets. I want to build a menu, where I play a list of events. The caller selects an event. Then for that event, I will play the ticket prices. The caller will select a ticket price.

I want to then collect the credit card number and expiration date. I should be able to charge the callers credit card in real time then.

How can your software allow me to do that. Are there credit card processing systems, which will allow your system to directly charge the credit card and then put that amount in my bank account.

I do not want to involve any human being in between.

I also do not need to capture any address information. I plan to give an electronic confirmation number to the caller and there fore not have any need for his address on my system.

What I have seen or read is that for credit card authorization (Atleast on the Internet, you need to enter your address and what not). This is not possible on the telephone to be done in real time.

Are you aware of any solutions for this scenario. I would love to use your system based on all the feedback I see and the level of support I see.

I should be able to charge the callers credit card in real time then.

We have a ready-to-use script which does this. For more info see: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppSampleScripts.htm

Address information is not required by the merchant gateways when the payment is made over the phone. No phone based credit card payment system collects address info.

This is so cool. You replied it to me in real time.

My next question is then, what do I need to do to know which Merchant gaetway I need to use. Because I clicked on all of the links which your site has for gateways and no where is it mentioned that they support, telephone payments.

Also as a confirmation to what you wrote:

You mean to say that If I buy your system and your credit card module, then I can charge people on their credit cards without human intervention and do all of that in real time.

What does your system do to deal with the gateways. Does it do any https communication passing

1. My merchant code

2. The credit card number

3. Amount

I assume I will need to have the computer which runs your software has to be on the Internet then.

I am a startup, so I do not know any thing about credit card payments, since I have not processed any credit cards till now. Can you please provide me any step by step instructions to do, (whom to contact etc).

Do you have any preferred gateway which you will hook me up with.

rgds

Srikanth

I did contact merchant gateways before, but the best they could show me was a Virtual Terminal (where again I had to enter the address etc).

But I always knew that to process a credit card, all you need is the credit card number and the expiration date, since that is what is done when I shop at any store.

rgds

Srikanth

I am assuming that the credit card script which you have which will allow for automatic processing is sold separately. Would you know the approximate cost of this (per line).

The way in which the communication is made differs from merchant to merchant, but many do use https for this.

Authorize.net seems to be a popular choice, but any on the list are fine.

For script cost please email sales@voiceguide.com

You exactly left me with the confusion, where every one else leaves. I guess no one knows the answer.

Visit authorize.net and try to see what they say. There is not a single word for a solution where I can interact with them through a software program. All it says is how I can enter the transactions through a web site or virtual terminal.

So how does your Credit card script do all of this automatically.

I have exactly similar questions. Is there a step by step guide to doing things for this.

Even I cannot find any provider who allows me to programmatically send only credit card number and expiration date to charge.

Every example I see of a provider seems to be wanting Address etc.

All that you need to do is to set up an account with one of the merchants that is on the list.

When you set up the account tell them that payments will be processed through a phone based IVR system.

They will give you a username and password, and you enter this username and password within the VoiceGuide script supplied by us.