VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Run-time Error 430 When Trying To Start

I am getting an error when I try to run voice guide: Run-Time error

'430': Class does not support Automation or does not support

expected interface.

The script designer works fine. Voice Mail Manager works fine. Just Voice Guide will not run.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.2.3. Please help.

No idea what this could be...

Which Windows version are you using?

Have you installed SAPI on your system? If yes, then is it version 5.1 (or higher)?

I'd try uninstalling VoiceGuide, then ensuring that both of these files are deleted from Windows' System32 directory:

TAPIWRAP.OCX

SAPIWRAP.OCX

and then re-installing VG.

I am running XP home with service pack 2.

I can't uninstall because I get an error that INSTALL.LOG cannot be found.

Now what? This is highly frustrating. I was using this program last January without a problem.

Where do I download SAPI 5.1?

Thank you for your help.

I deleted both files you mentioned then I downloaded and installed sapi 5.1. Then I tried to reinstall voiceguide but it made me remove it instead so I tried to install it again and it seemed to work.

I ran the Config wizard and selected my modem and script.

Then I try to run Voice Guide and I get the same automation error.

I did a system restore back to a point before all of this installing and uninstalling of the new version. I tried to run my old version and I get the error "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality."

Now what?

I get the error "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality."

Now what?

Well it looks like some DLL or OCX is missing...

I'd try uninstalling VoiceGuide, then ensuring that both of these files are deleted from Windows' System32 directory:

TAPIWRAP.OCX

SAPIWRAP.OCX

and then re-installing VG.

I've already done that with the new version several times. I would like to delete those 2 files and reinstall 4.9.0. Can you email me the file or tell me here to download it?

Thanks.

v4.9 is quite old now and not available anymore.

So when you delete the .OCXs and then delete & re-install v5.2.3 it installs fine but you keep on getting the You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality." error?

I'm really at a loss to explain what could be going wrong here...

Can you please post the DIR listing of your Windows' System32 directory?

when I delete the files and reinstall the new version I get the automation error.

When I try to use the old version I get the license error.

I've spent too many hours trying to get this software to work.

I want a copy of the old version that I purchased so that I can give it a try. I have downloaded, installed and uninstalled the new version at least 10 times over the past 2 days. It will not work on my machine.

Can you please post the DIR listing of your Windows' System32 directory?

You may also want to read:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1022048238

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248404

Maybe the 'Error Message 430' is being caused by some problems within the Microsoft's Data Access Components (MDAC). You could try downloading the latest version from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/default.aspx

How do I post the DIR listing of my Windows' System32 directory.

I already downloaded the mdac thing. I have tried everything. I have searched Google for answers. I just need to get this software working.

There seems to be some sort of a DLL or OCX incompatibility on this system - probably easiest to just reformat the HD and re-install Windows.

Reformatting my HD is not an option. Can you just give me the missing ocx or dll files for my 4.9.0 version?? I get the license error when I try to run it.

I don't think it's asking too much for a copy of the software I bought, or at least the files you think may be missing.

I'de recommend re-installing the latest Windows Service Pack, and in particular the MDAC drivers from Microsoft - they may be the reason for this error - as per the link posted previously.

v4.9 is no longer available for download.

If any user reading these posts has a copy of version 4.9, please email me kidspirit@gmail.com

I would greatly appreciate your help!

In order to get rid off error massage “ you don’t have appropriate license for this functionality” you need to undo VG for dialogic software in you system.

As soon as I install this software my system mess uped.

Three days I am waiting for your responses. Do you guys ignoring me?

My system is down due to disconnection of lines and my business is stopped.

When I install VG for dialogic my system mess up. one of the majore problem I had was, the line make out bound call did not hang up. the second problem my regestration was mess up, I had 16 line, but I just could use 4 lines, however I have added all the line to confige.mxl, this is why I had to remove it.

If you don’t have any solution for my problem, please let me know that I won’t wait for your response.

What questions/posts are you referring to?

Your have made two posts here - in a thread that is one year old, and possibly not even related to the problem that it appears you have on your system...

If you have started a thread somewhere else then it's best to keep on posting in the same thread instead of posting in various (older/unrelated) threads. It only makes it harder both for you and for us to follow and resolve the reported issues.

Looking at the post here it appears that you have some licensing issues - in particular it looks like your old license is not working with the new version of the software.... but it's hard to say based on what you've written...

I'd suggest posting a full coherent summary of your situation in a new thread (or thread you have started for this before) and then someone who will look at the thread will answer your question.

And keep all information in one thread - that's what the person resolving your problem will see...