VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

voice mail

support,

please , how do we change the inbound call answer int to voice mail or how do we direct  inbound calls into a voice mail?

thanks

thanks,

but how do i configure this , in the VG , i.e. for inbound calls?   for out calls , yes call loader is provided for calls et el ,   for inbound calls , where do i do the changes  to play voice mail , when a call comes through?

Callflows can be set up using the Graphical Callflow Designer.

Please see: https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/scriptintro.htm

The demo "Credit Card Payment" callflow is set to be the starting callflow in Config.xml. You can edit Config.xml to set the starting callflow to be your own callflow (or just edit the demo "Credit Card Payment" callflow...). After making changes to Config.xml you should restart the VoiceGuide service so that the new Config.xml settings are loaded by VoiceGuide.

Note that you can also run callflows on outgoing calls.

26 minutes ago, SupportTeam said:

Callflows can be set up using the Graphical Callflow Designer.

Please see: https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/scriptintro.htm

The demo "Credit Card Payment" callflow is set to be the starting callflow in Config.xml. You can edit Config.xml to set the starting callflow to be your own callflow (or just edit the demo "Credit Card Payment" callflow...). After making changes to Config.xml you should restart the VoiceGuide service so that the new Config.xml settings are loaded by VoiceGuide.

Note that you can also run callflows on outgoing calls.

the Config.xml, handles which configurations  in VG system? ,  please 

It's pretty much self-documented in Config.xml. Please take a look at Config.xml contents. You can view it in any text editor but we recommend using Notepad++ to edit that file.

22 hours ago, SupportTeam said:

It's pretty much self-documented in Config.xml. Please take a look at Config.xml contents. You can view it in any text editor but we recommend using Notepad++.

yeah ,  nonetheless, new to this system.    am using a 2 channel ENT version,    in the config.xml  file, i see lots   of channels with "credit card payments" flow, now which of this channels do i edit , 

i tried the first one, but nothing happen, rather , on the line status, the 2 channels are not displaying  now....  i have attached the ktTel file , please check and advice 

0226_ktTel.txt

how/where  do i change the VG system time to  reflects the machines time ,

how/where do i change firewalls and  or allow  accessible ports ?

Regarding the Config.xml editing:

ktTel trace shows:

046 195055.582  4132               configxml board file [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\conf\Config.xml]
047 195055.582  4132               config board file load start (len=20853)
048 195055.582  4132         ERROR xml   parse error at line 16:mismatched tag

So looks like your new version of Config.xml file has a mismatched tag on line 16 and hence cannot be read in.

40 minutes ago, SupportTeam said:

Regarding the Config.xml editing:

ktTel trace shows:

046 195055.582  4132               configxml board file [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\conf\Config.xml]
047 195055.582  4132               config board file load start (len=20853)
048 195055.582  4132         ERROR xml   parse error at line 16:mismatched tag

So looks like your new version of Config.xml file has a mismatched tag on line 16 and hence cannot be read in.

thanks,  so what can i do, to get it to work , please.

Suggest you have a closer look at what changes you made to the Config,xml file.

Looks like you have an issue at or near line 16.

If you still cannot identify the issue you can post the Config,xml file here and we can take a look at it and comment.

46 minutes ago, SupportTeam said:

Suggest you have a closer look at what changes you made to the Config,xml file.

Looks like you have an issue at or near line 16.

If you still cannot identify the issue you can post the Config,xml file here and we can take a look at it and comment.

please see attached, 

thanks

Config1.txt

Line 14 of attached file is currently this:

<Script>C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs/Script>

There is a "<" missing before the "/Script>" at the end of that line. See how all the other channel definitions have the fully formed <Script> and </Script> XML tags.

Change that line to be:

<Script>C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs</Script>

And you can of course change "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs" to point to your own callflow instead.

14 hours ago, SupportTeam said:

Line 14 of attached file is currently this:

<Script>C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs/Script>

There is a "<" missing before the "/Script>" at the end of that line. See how all the other channel definitions have the fully formed <Script> and </Script> XML tags.

Change that line to be:

<Script>C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs</Script>

And you can of course change "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs" to point to your own callflow instead.

thanks ,  working  now after the change.

On 2/27/2024 at 6:51 AM, Nii said:

how/where  do i change the VG system time to  reflects the machines time ,

how/where do i change firewalls and  or allow  accessible ports ?

kiddy asset with above,  and , 

i also  realize  , calls look  active on VG - line monitor,  when caller  ended the call, 

VoiceGuide uses the local machine's time.

For a list of ports that are used by HMP/VoiceGuide please see the the "Firewall Configuration" section of the "Installing VoiceGuide v7 for VoIP / HMP" online help file:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogichmp.htm

How to configure the firewall software and ports is outside the scope of this Support Forum. There are many other resources out there that cover that topic. For testing purposes you can just temporarily disable the firewall.

1 hour ago, SupportTeam said:

VoiceGuide uses the local machine's time.

For a list of ports that are used by HMP/VoiceGuide please see the the "Firewall Configuration" section of the "Installing VoiceGuide v7 for VoIP / HMP" online help file:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogichmp.htm

How to configure the firewall software and ports is outside the scope of this Support Forum. There are many other resources out there that cover that topic. For testing purposes you can just temporarily disable the firewall.

thanks.

kindly,  I noticed , calls look  active on VG - line monitor,  when caller  has ended the call, ?  what should i check or do ...?

You can check logs to see if caller ending the call has actually resulted in a SIP BYE being sent to HMP/VoiceGuide.

You can see this in vgEngine/ktTel logs, and in WireShark logs.