VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pci and the Found New Hardware Wizard

Help please,

I have Dialogic D/4PCI card.

I Run Windows 2000 Pro + Service Pack 4

Dialogic D/4PCI card came with no CD so I downloaded

and installed System Release 5.1.1.from Intell.

After rebooting there is always window

"Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard"

When I check

My Computer-Properties-Hardware-Device Manager

Dialogic D/4PCI type card

says "No drivers are installed for this device"

What Am I missing?

Isn't there any simple doc how to install dialogic card?

I followed those steps but

I got this message "Windows was unable to locate a driver for this device"

Steps:

If you haven't installed the System Release yet, please do so. After the installation of the system release, place either one of the above files ( dlgcsram_nt4.inf for Springware or dlgcdm3_nt4.inf for DM3 ) in the drvr directory under the Dialogic system directory. ( The default is C:\Program Files\Dialogic\drvr )

Shut down. Insert the Dialogic PCI board into the chassy following the instructions in the hardware quickinstall card. Make sure this is the only new PCI device that is being added to the system.

Reboot and log on. After you have logged in, the system will automatically detect the presence of the Dialogic card and starts the "Found New Hardware" wizard. The purpose of the wizard is to permit the user to direct the operating system to the inf file for the new hardware that was being added.

Click "Next" on the "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box.

The next dialog will be titled "Install Hardware Device Drivers" which request the user to make a choice in the way the driver would be located. Select the radio button "Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended)". Click "Next"

A dialog titled "Locate Driver Files" appears which had a series of check boxes. Check the box next to "Specify a location". Click "Next".

Click "Browse" button and point to dialogic\drvr directory where we placed the file earlier. Press OK.

In the next dialog box titled "Driver Files Search results" verify that the file "dlgcsram_nt4.inf" or the file "dlgcdm3_nt4.inf" was found by Windows as a driver for the new device.

Did you point the Wizard to the directory in which the dlgcsram_nt4.inf was located?

..all this does not affect the correct operation of the Dialogic card anyway, the "Found Hardware Wizard" will pop up on some systems as Windows gets confused when resolving what drivers the Dialogic card is using...

The 'dummy driver' is really just designed to make sure all looks nice in the hardware manager display and there aren't any exclamation marks listed against the Dialogic.

There are two ways of stopping the Hardware wizard popping up - the simplest is to tell it to "Cancel" and "Don’t ask me again" and the other is to load the dummy driver. Usually at least one of the approaches works...

If for some reason you cannot get rid of the Hardware Wiz then just close it every time you start Windows - as mentioned before the Dialogic card will still work OK.

I pointed the Wizard to the directory in which the dlgcsram_nt4.inf was located.

The thing is that it says that drivers are not installed.

If the card comes up as 'green' in DCM (Dialogic Configuration Manager) then all is OK and you should proceed with installation of the TAPI and Wave drivers.

What error is reported when you press the "Start Service" button in DCM?

Is the Service -> Startup Mode set to "Automatic" ? (again settable in DCM)

I also have have a problem with D/4pci under Windows XP Professional. Device manager says 'no drivers loaded for this device.' How do I fix this?

I am prepared to pay someone to talk me through the installation procedure.

ZOMBIE THREAD! :o

I'm having this exact issue on Windows XP. We installed the card on a new computer; when I try and use the old driver files, it remains a '?' device and says that there are no drivers installed.

I called Dialogic and they said they can't get me DNA 3.3 software or the drivers for the card. They suggested that I google it. :/

Further updates. I was able to get the 3.3 software off of an FTP site; but when I do the universal configuration my card fails the "sanity check". Anyone know what this means?