VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4 Pci Vg5.1.7 Set-up

HI --

We are upgrading from VG 4.9.0 on a windows-98, voice modem set-up to VG 5.1.7 D/4 pci set-up under Windows-2k Pro, using a single analog voice line. Windows-2k was a CLEAN installation on a new hard drive. I had previously installed VG-4.9.0 but had problems getting it to work with the Dialogic card, so uninstalled it and then downloaded and installed VG-5.1.7 trial.

When I call into the system the Talker-32 application works great, answering the phone and playing recorded messages through the phone. Unfortunately, I can't get VG to play messages. VG answers the phone stopping the ringing, but does not register the incoming call and does not play the greeting.

I have installed the u-Law wave files, and have tested my own recorded files u-Law files using Talker-32. They work there, but not in VG. I have uninstalled and reinstalled VG-5.1.7 and get the same result.

I checked the VG help files, which did a very good job of helping with the troublesome Dialogic installation and TAPI driver & wave set-up, but a VG TROUBLESHOOTING section did not jump out at me.

Since I can't hear the files locally at the system now that the Dialogic wave drivers are installed, how should I record files, test and monitor the system? Must everything be done by calling into the system, or do I need to switch back and forth between the sound card and the Dialogic board?

Also, what are the troubleshooting/testing procedures I should use to help track down this problem?

Thanks.

When I call into the system the Talker-32 application works great, answering the phone and playing recorded messages through the phone. Unfortunately, I can't get VG to play messages. VG answers the phone stopping the ringing, but does not register the incoming call and does not play the greeting.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

I have installed the u-Law wave files

You do not need to use u-Law files on D/4PCI. The files which ship with VG are OK.

Hi --

No Event Trace Log is present. Because no logs were generated, I completely uninstalled the VG5.1.7 package, restarted the system and completely re-installed it. Now VG works using the sample scripts but it still won't work with my pre-recorded wave files which are u-Law and VG 4.9.0 script. The .wav files DO work with the Talker-32, and were recorded on another windows system using the sound recorder application set to u-Law properties. Is re-using the script from 4.9.0 causing the problem?

It looks like I should be using pre-recorded TTS files using the Microsoft TTS. Do you have a link to the components that are required? Isn't the core agent technology already included in Windows-2k?

Thanks--

Hi --

The original problem (could not play sound files) has been resolved. After redoing the script that was used under VG-4.9.0 the sound files now play. I don't know if this is an incompatibility between versions, or if my script file was corrupted.

FYI, I found a $25 program from Alive Media {

http://www.alivemedia.net/ } that will convert text files to '.wav'. The Output is PCM 11025Hz, 16bit, Mono, which then needs to be run through the ms-sound recorder and converted to PCM 11025Hz, 8bit, Mono. The Alive Text to Speech program can do a batch convert, but the conversion must be done one file at a time with sound recorder.

Thanks, for your help.