VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Isdn T1 Connection Shows "blocked" Status For The Lines

Hello Support team,

We are trying to connect VoiceGuide application to T1 ISDN (NI2) for our customer, but getting "Blocked" status for all the (12) lines.

The telephony card is Dialogic "D/240JCT-T1-EW" and the customer told us they have configured for 24 lines (24th tied up for D) for the system.

One possible cause I could think of is that the VoiceGuide License purchased for this card is 12 lines, not 24.

Will this be the problem, or you see something else?

The following is the Spec I got for the line from the customer (just in case you may request)

Telephone Interface
Clock rate 1.544 Mb/s ±32 ppm
Level 3.0 V (nominal)
Pulse width 323.85 ns (nominal)
Line impedance 100 Ohm ±10%
Other electrical characteristics Complies with AT&T TR62411 and ANSI T1.403-1989
Framing SF (D3/D4)
ESF for ISDN
Line coding AMI
AMI with B7 stuffing
B8ZS
Clock and data recovery Complies with AT&T TR62411 and Telcordia TA-TSY-000170
Jitter tolerance Complies with AT&T TR62411 and ANSI T1.403-1989
Connectors RJ-48C
Telephony bus connector H.100-style 68-pin fine pitch card edge connector
Loopback Supports switch-selectable local analog loopback and software selectable local digital loopback

I attach the configuration files and log files as well.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

T1_ISDN_Blocked.zip

One possible cause I could think of is that the VoiceGuide License purchased for this card is 12 lines, not 24.

Yes, the incomplete licensing is what is causing only some of the channels on the T1 trunk to be opened and the rest to remain in blocked state, unable to receive and make calls.

We have purchased additional VoiceGuide licenses for all the 24 ports, activated with it, but are still getting "Blocked" status for all the (23) lines.

Please tell me what I did wrong.

I am attaching all the logs and config files.

Thanks.

T1_ISDN_24Chn_Blocked.zip

Is the LED on the back of the Dialogic D240JCT card lit up green?

Is any other colour lit up as well or is only a single green LED on?

Have you used the ISDIAG program to confirm the D channel is active/on? (You need to stop the VoiceGuide service before starting ISDIAG)

Have you done the incoming call test with ISDIAG as described here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/configisdnsetup.htm

Is the LED on the back of the Dialogic D240JCT card lit up green?

Is any other colour lit up as well or is only a single green LED on?

I have asked the customer the status of the LED. I will keep you posted.

Have you used the ISDIAG program to confirm the D channel is active/on? (You need to stop the VoiceGuide service before starting ISDIAG)

I ran ISDIAG --> "4. Display information" --> "4. Display D channel Information" then, it comes back to the Main menu without displaying anything.

If I choose "3. Display B channel Information", it shows, "Board: 1" with all "00" status for the 23 channel, which means all are "in service" for B channel.

Does this mean D channel is not active? (or have I performed the test correctly?)

Have you done the incoming call test with ISDIAG as described here: http://www.voiceguid...igisdnsetup.htm

I chose "11. restart and waitcall" --> 1 for "Channel to restart" then I get cc_WaitCall O.K.

But I hear busy signals when I call the given number.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

When isdiag is started you should see a screen like this:

wndCmdIsdiag.gif

on your system is the number under "DCH" a 0 or a 1 ?

0 indicates no error and that the D channels is active.

1 indicates D channel is not active.

If D channel is active and you are hearing busy when calling your number you should contact the ISDN trunk provider and ask them why are they not sending a call down your ISDN trunk to your equipment (Dialogic card).

Has the ISDN trunk provider confirmed to you that they are seeing the D channel as active/on/up from their side ?

Have they confirmed that they are sending calls down that ISDN trunk?

Have they confirmed that they are using the NI2 protocol (set as 'network-side' on their end) ?

The ISDN traces captured by Dialogic card and posted a few posts back in this thread show no ISDN messages being sent to Dialogic from remote side.

As soon as I showed the result (D Channel = 1), the Telco guy replaced PRI line and it is up and running.

You have saved another day for me here.

Thanks!