VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help With Script

I have an incoming call that goes to a menu that the user can select an extension to transfer to. How can i make the script so that if no one answers that extension after x seconds it will get transferred to a specific voice mailbox.

Use 'Announced Transfer' option - and have an "On {Fail} " path lead to a voicemail box...

is there anyway to specify the amount of time it waits before considering it a 'fail' and transfer.

What im trying to do is basically this, im not sure if it can be done with the standard scripts or not:

Incoming Call->Menu(If you know ext. dial it, otherwise 1 for person1, 2 for person2, 9 for voicemail) -->(example)transfer to person 1-->if its busy present them with another menu with more options, OR if theres no answer direct them to voicemail.

I have all of it working except for that last part because i dont know how to distinguish between no answer and busy.Also ideally if it was busy they could have the option of holding( not sure how to do this either)

Thanks in advance.

Currently the "Announced Transfer" does not indicate whether the call transfer failed due to no answer or dur to busy - this info will be available in the upcoming version of VG which is written especially for Dialogic cards.

(It will be called "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" and will be available in about two months).