VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Automatic Detection Of A Live Person Answering The

I have a Hi-Phone Desktop and I have installed the lastest wave drivers. I am tring to use this program for automated outbound calls. The software works wonderful until it gets a voice mail. It doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference. Could you please let me know if there is a setting I must add or another program that I must install before using the outbound calls.

PS I am using the trial version, could that be the problem?

Thanks a million,

Simona

The Hi-Phone Desktop cannot tell if the call was answered by a live person or by an answering machine/voicemail. Only Dialogic cards can do this. If it is important for you to distinguish between the two the I'd recommend getting a Dialogic card.

When using the Hi-Phone Desktop the only way to try to determine what answered the call is to listen for how long the answering message goes for...

Most people answer with a short "Hello.." whereas the answering machines messages are at least 5-10 seconds long.

To detect length if answer message just use a record module as the first module of the script and after the recording has finished (due to silence) in the next module - an Evaluate Expression module - check how long the recording went on for using the $RV[ModuleTitle_RecLen100ms] Result Variable.

You may need to regulate the silence detection level/length using the settings in the VG.INI config file, and then decide what record length would indicate a live answer and what length indicates an answering machine... (about 3 seconds is a good setting)...

Of course all of this falls over if the call is answered with a "Hello, welcome to XYZ publishing, my name is Claire, how can i help you today?"... and that is why ultimately using a Dialogic card is by far the better option...