VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using Telephone Number Loader

Hi,

we are doing a proof of concept using VoiceGuide. All we need to do at this time is prove that it can deliver a message, whether it be using the telephone number loader or call delivery.

At this time I am trying to work with the telephone number loader just to prove to my boss that it can make a call. I load the telephone number loader and I enter a wav file name in the "Prompt message if a voice modem is used to dial" entry. I understand that this message will be played in a loop until someone presses a number. That's all we need at this time so he can hear the message on the phone.

I enter the number manually and click on start dialing. the VoiceGuide Line device window opens, the modem picks up, dials, then hangs up and goes into a waiting for call state. I did get it to do it once, but I'm unable to repeat it.

What am I doing wrong.

I am using a Modem Blaster DE5620-2. The OS is Windows98.

thanks so much for your help. I look forward to your reply.

I have searched through your archive of messages and I don't think anyone has had this problem. If they have maybe you can point me to the message.

Thanks in advance

Please check whethere the modem you are using is a 'Voice' modem.

If it is a Voice modem then have you installed it's Wave drivers correctly?

Have you tried calling into the system? Does VG answer incoming calls with this modem?

If your modem can receive voice calls OK, then Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)